account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Sony Z1 Compact battery drop

SOLVED
Enthusiast
Message 61 of 318
Message 61 of 318

Re: Sony Z1 Compact battery drop

@ibrahimferhadli

No. You're talking about something else. THe battery % drop remains in whatever android version you flash.

Forum Legend
Message 62 of 318
Message 62 of 318

@profyler wrote:

@@ibrahimferhadli

No. You're talking about something else. THe battery % drop remains in whatever android version you flash.

Yes. I've been seeing this issue since gingerbread times. This is a problem on all android phones regardless of the android version they're running.

After following several precations, I don't face it anymore and it's been more than a year now. I have lollipop, kitkat, JB running on several devices in my house and all are running fine.

One time poster
Message 63 of 318
Message 63 of 318

I also have the same problem. I do not believe it is due to lollipop. The problem began for me on kitkat, I tried to repair the phone on PC companion and had no luck, I then ungraded to lollipop and the problem still exists but it isn't as bad. The battery works perfect until it hits the 50% mark and then with any sort of usage it drains significantly and eventually shuts off. Then if I charge the phone for a few minutes it could be back up to anywhere between 70-90%.

It's pretty annoying as I only have the phone 16months, I have contacted Sony and I am waiting to see their response.
Regular
Message 64 of 318
Message 64 of 318

Hello, did u ever find a solution to your problem? I'm having the same problem u had, except I can only get about an hour or 2 before my z1 compact goes dead. About an hour ago my phone drained from %70-%0 in a matter of seconds. My phone is dying at %70! I'm so frustrated. And when I put it on the charger it goes %85 to 100 in seconds. What did u do to solve this crazy battery problem
Apprentice
Message 65 of 318
Message 65 of 318

Hi, Monicaxo
Have you checked your battery for bloating?
If it is vety easy to spin your phone on its back than you need to replace  battery, so did I))

One time poster
Message 66 of 318
Message 66 of 318

So my battery has become bloated (can do some nice spins now) and the phone also has the 50% problem now. Will Sony replace it (Guarantee is still valid) or do I have to go to a local smartphone repair shop?

Thanks in advance

Kalle

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 67 of 318
Message 67 of 318

@NoKalle

if you have warranty they will replace it for free. Changing the batery will eliminate your problem.

Learner
Message 68 of 318
Message 68 of 318

I am also having my phone going dead after the battery drop to 50% 

This happen right after I uppdated to lolipop tho.

I really think it's a manufacturing fault and Sony should admit the problem and offer free repair even outside of warranty. (The same way car manufacturers do massive recall when a fault occur on a specific model of vehicule)

Regular
Message 69 of 318
Message 69 of 318

Can anyone recommend where to purchase a battery? I have found some on ebay/amazon but they appear to be £15 which sounds extremly cheap. (I am based in the Republic OF Ireland) unsure how genuine they are.

Also does the back cover need replacing to keep it water proof?

Enthusiast
Message 70 of 318
Message 70 of 318

@bonjo1983

i bought from china and paid also 15 $. i think they are really cheap because its all made in china anyway.

its recomend you change the back too because the glue wont be the same anymore after changing the battery