account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Sony Z1 Compact battery drop

SOLVED
Learner
Message 51 of 318
Message 51 of 318

Re: Sony Z1 Compact battery drop

I can't believe that a software update can so severely damage the phone hardware.
I refuse to change the battery with my money until someone's in Sony explain to us why the Lollipop update damaged the battery to many users

.Screenshot_2015-09-01-23-36-39.png

Yes, I'm now using CM12.1 to try to fix it, no results.

I can't believe this.

Where are you @Rickard?

Emperor
Message 52 of 318
Message 52 of 318

@Draaaaven

You should stop by your local Xperia Care to get your phone checked 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 53 of 318
Message 53 of 318

hi,

checked the thread. did the force shutdown on my z1 compact. battery was at 90%. when i restarted, it was at 82%. so now what? your post does not tell me what to do if the % drop is > 5%??!

i'm facing this sudden battery drain issue. i'd upgraded to lollipop. now downgraded to kitkat. still, it shuts down randomly at around 50% battery and when i restart, it is at 5-6%. what to do?

Emperor
Message 54 of 318
Message 54 of 318

@cpabhijit

@Nabeel Created this post that might be useful 

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/Facing-problems-with-abnormal-battery-and-shutdown/m-p/320375#U320...

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Regular
Message 55 of 318
Message 55 of 318

Z1 compact drain and dies at 60 percent

Hello, I have a Sony Xperia Z1 Compact that I bought unlocked back in December. I'm running Android KitKat 4.4.4 on T-Mobile. The battery was working GREAT up until two weeks ago, when all of a sudden the battery started draining and dying faster than usual. 2 weeks ago the battery died at 35% and hasn't been the same since. I went from having 8 hours of moderate use to having only about 3. And now the battery sometimes dies at 60% and when I put the phone on the charger is charges from the percentage it died on which was 60%. I tried everything to fix the problem, I tried calibrating the battery for two days straight, I tried deleting recently installed apps and recent files, I tried soft resetting the phone (holding the volume up and power button), I have my auto sync, GPS, and wifi turned off. My display brightness is low, I don't have task killers installed because I heard they do more harm than good and plus I manually kill all my apps after Im done using them. I checked the battery status and it say that the battery's health good. I don't want to replace the battery since the battery is non removable and that's a hassle, I also don't want to do a factory reset.
During the months of May-Jul I would wake up at about 7 am and use the phone for about 4 hours, the phone would have about %60 charge before I put it back on the charger for about and hour, so I could have enough juice before I leave my house for the day for work. I also let the phone charge over night. Could these be contributing factors to my bad battery life? If so how can I fix it without replace the non-removable battery or doing a factory reset?
Message 56 of 318
Message 56 of 318

Re: Z1 compact drain and dies at 60 percent

I'm afraid that the only way to fix this (if it wa a software problem) is performing a Software Repair via PC Companion, this will do a clean installation of the latest firmware and will also wipe your internal memory.

Open PC companion -> Support zone -> Phone/tablet software update -> Repair my phone/tablet (blue link style). Follow the steps given, do not connect your phone until prompted to press volume down while plugging USB cable.

You already tried everything else, and if you send it to a repair center they will start by the same procedure: Software Repair.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Visitor
Message 57 of 318
Message 57 of 318

I have the same problem that everybody has been complaining about. I contacted Sony, which told me to repair my Z1c by using PC Companion. I did that but, so far, the problem continues. Now I noticed there is a new firmware version: 14.6.A.0.368. Has anyone updated to this version? Does it solve the problem?

Visitor
Message 58 of 318
Message 58 of 318

Another thing I've noticed is that, even though my wi-fi is turned off, if I check my battery history sometimes it appears as it was always on. Maybe it's a problem with wi-fi?

2015-09-13 22.49.11.png

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 59 of 318
Message 59 of 318

Just to inform everyone that the battery % drop is still alive in 5.1.1 even after pc companion repair. Will change battery mnyself and report later.

Message 60 of 318
Message 60 of 318

Its cause is Lollipop, Device is getting hot in Android 5.0 and shuting down. I have the same problem. I advise you to downgrade Kitkat