account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Sony Z1 Compact battery drop

SOLVED
Learner
Message 41 of 318
Message 41 of 318

Battery problem

My phone recently started having rapid battery drops after the update to version 5.0.2. It can not last for more than 20 minutes even after a 100% charge. It just shuts down after about 10 minutes of powering it on. Apparently, I have used all suggested solutions to no avail. The safe mode boot, the forced shut down, even PC companion. Now I am stuck, and getting really frustrated with this. Something needs to be done urgently, and I have seen it's a big problem being faced by all users.
vml
Learner
Message 42 of 318
Message 42 of 318

Re: Sony Z1 Compact battery drop

Battry of Xperia z1 compact is poor quality or lollipop given by sony is faulty then sony is totaly responsible .
Sony should replace Battry for free.
Sage
Message 43 of 318
Message 43 of 318

My battery was working fine until I got this problem recently, screen shot in the link https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwz9z2MetYIAY2xHbG8yamZuQ2s/view?usp=docslist_api
Adviser
Message 44 of 318
Message 44 of 318

Put phone on flat surface to check bloating. Phone should lay completely flat and hard to spin. If not, replace your battery. Never read this thread until now. Have replaced my battery about two weeks ago. Thought this was only my problem. Replaced it with class A battery because I believe this is related to the lollipop update and will ruin the battery again.
One time poster
Message 45 of 318
Message 45 of 318

Battery Problem

hi 

I own a sony xperia z1 compact for almost a year.

about few days ago my xperia is shut down when it has 60 % power.

sometimes it even not charge at all.

Is it a battery problem or software ?

Thanks

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 46 of 318
Message 46 of 318

Re: Battery Problem

@amitv8899

Repair the phone with PCC, if you experience the same issue, contact your local Xperia Care

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

View solution in original post

One time poster
Message 47 of 318
Message 47 of 318

I am also having the same issue. From XDA post it looks like this is beacuse of 5.0.2 update.

Emperor
Message 48 of 318
Message 48 of 318

@barjeshjain

Try the above suggestion and report back.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Enthusiast
Message 49 of 318
Message 49 of 318

Oh my god guys, search a little before posting.

this was caused by the lolipop update.

it had been discussed before.

only solution is change the battery. Its a hardware problem that happened after the lolipop update.

more here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/sony-xperia-z1-compact/help/battery-reporting-phone-dying-suddenly-t...

Sage
Message 50 of 318
Message 50 of 318

I would not believe that it's a hardware failure, I have Z1C running lollipop and I haven't faced sudden battery drop issue. Though the battery stats do show weird statistics sometime but I believe it's related to software instead. I had this sudden death issue on kitkat 4.4.4 .108 firmware like battery drop from 90% to 0% but only when stamina mode is disabled and after .157 firmware update I never faced such problem till now. I have also read that repairing phone's software with pcc had sort out the issue for many users.