account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sony Xperia Z1 Compact wont charge

One time poster
Message 11 of 19
Message 11 of 19

Re: Sony Xperia Z1 Compact wont charge

Bump.

Having the same problem. I really need a solution for this.

Been my faithful phone for one year non stop and now this Slightly frowning Face

One time poster
Message 12 of 19
Message 12 of 19

Hi, 

I got the same problem

sometime a succeed to charge my phone but i can stay 2 days without phone.

I use magnetic charger its more easy to charge with the magnetic charger but very hard too.

My phone is out of warranty by 2 month and the support center dont want to pass it on warranty.

the only option a had is to send it to sony and get estimate ... and paid ........... for estimation and for reparation

Sony lose my support, last phone or anything else i brought from Sony.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 13 of 19
Message 13 of 19

My Z1 compact not charging from default charger and I try another charger but not charging. If I switched off and charging.. It's sometimes charging...
Emperor
Message 14 of 19
Message 14 of 19

@rajuxperia

Contact your Local support to get your device inspected. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 15 of 19
Message 15 of 19

This is a very late response but i fixed my phone not charging by opening it up and putting the screw around the area for the charging port back in its place as it had come loose. Note that i had screwed open my phone before to replace my battery but i did not loosen that particular screw in the process. I hope this might help som people fix their phone.

One time poster
Message 16 of 19
Message 16 of 19

How did you decide the issue with your phone?

Here is a description of my problem, it is identical:

Charged to a magnetic dock station with a charge level of 11%.
After a couple of hours the phone was turned off, the charge indicator was not lit.
The phone turned on, after about 30 seconds of downloading the phone just turned off.

Boot into TWRP, overwritten all the data, and there is no charge ..
When connected, after the Sony logo, the charge level and the overheating icons (thermometer above the battery)
Replaced the battery, charging and did not go. Slightly frowning Face

One time poster
Message 17 of 19
Message 17 of 19

have a same problem too, and i was replaced my battery with a new one,,overheating icon dissapear but still not charging and if trying to boot the phone, i will find that phone will shut down a several second after vibrates and xperia logos,,.well,,i was asumption something wrong with heat sensor device,,anyone have a clue to fixed it,,thank you

Message 18 of 19
Message 18 of 19

Hi,

I have had the same problem, and found out the solution for this was to buy a new battery, as you cant really fix the one you have. It will need replacing every 1-3 years

Hope this helps!

Message 19 of 19
Message 19 of 19

Forgot to mention, if you do decide to buy a new battery, buy an original manufactor part, not a third-party battery