account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Sony Xperia Z1 2G Voice Call breaking with echo

SOLVED
Message 31 of 35
Message 31 of 35

Re: Sony Xperia Z1 2G Voice Call breaking with echo

I am a die hard fan of SONY Mobile. I got my Lollypop 5.1.1 update yesterday for my Xperia Z1 and since then my voice is echoeing back during call. It is very irritating and dont know what to do. Kindly someone advise me.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 32 of 35
Message 32 of 35

@crazysonyuser

Sorry to hear that.

Which build number do you have under Settings -> About phone?

Do you have this issue regardless who you're calling (please try calling fixed and mobile number)?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Message 33 of 35
Message 33 of 35

Hi Rickard,

Thanks for immediate reply.

Build number 14.6.A.0.368

I think the problem resolved for now. I tried the following :-

First disabled Microphone noice suppression and Speaker voice enhancement in Call settings and tried calling. No echo repeated. Then again enabled both Microphone noice suppression and Speaker voice enhancement and made calls to both fixed line and Mobile. For my surprise I didnt get any echoeing of my voice.

Hope I will not get anymore issues in future.

Thanks

Uday
Sony Xperia Support
Message 34 of 35
Message 34 of 35

Glad to hear that it works now Slightly smiling Face

Not sure what could have caused that but let us now in case it happens again.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 35 of 35
Message 35 of 35

Hi,

I have the same issues with my Z1 compact. The microphone works well when I do the diagnose. The recording sounds good to me.

But when I do a phone call I have echoes, interruptions and strange noises reported by the other side.

Please help me. I need this phone for business.

Thanks