account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sony Xperia Z1 2G Voice Call breaking with echo

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 11 of 35
Message 11 of 35

Re: Sony Xperia Z1 2G Voice Call breaking with echo

My Dear Friends, following is the reply from sony support.

Dear SONY, it's deeply regretted to inform you that we have pursued these repair processes many times. But none of these could address the issue. Provide resolution at the earliest pl.

"Dear Mr. Saikia,

Greetings from Sony Xperia support.

We value the importance of your concern.

As per your concern, we would request you to repair the software of your device using the below mentioned steps in order to resolve the issue which you are facing with your handset.

For performing software repair using pc companion, you can follow the below mentioned steps:-

1. Download PC Companion from http://www.sonymobile.com/in/tools/pc-companion/, and install it on your Windows computer.

2. Turn off the phone and disconnect it from the computer.

3. Open the PC Companion application.

4. Select Start under Support Zone.

5. Select device Software Update and Start.

6. Could not find phone appears. Select Repair phone and Connect.

7. You will receive a message on PC companion that data will be lost if you will continue.

8. Tick the box to confirm that you have understood that all personal data will be lost. Then click Next. The application prepares for the repair and if necessary downloads required data from the web.

9. Select your phone model manually and then click Next.

10. Depending on the model you select, you will be prompt to perform a few steps for the repair for PC Companion to be able to update the phone software.

11. Do not connect the phone yet! Note! At this instant, the phone must be off and disconnected from the computer.

12. Connect the USB cable to the computer, not to the phone.

13. Xperia: While pressing and holding down the indicated button (Volume down key), connect the USB cable to the Xperia device, and keep holding and pressing down the indicated button (Volume down key) until the repair of your device’s software starts... appears (in some cases installing drivers appear first).

14. If you failed to follow the steps correctly the phone will turn on, and Proceed with the following steps, slide down the notification bar appear.  

15. If this happens, disconnect the phone from the cable, power off it and repeat from step 12.

16. Follow the instructions on the screen. When the repair is finished, disconnect the device and then start the device again.

17. Select Next. If the repair was successful, the message will appear that device has been successfully updated appears.

18. Select Finish.

We would also request you to backup all your data before repairing your phone software.

To back up the data of your device using PC Companion:-

1. Go to Support Zone at www.sonymobile.com to install PC Companion for a Windows computer.

2. When installed, start PC Companion on the computer.

3. Connect your phone to the computer using a USB cable.

4. Click Start under Backup & Restore.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Note: - Exact contents of which you will be able to take back up differ depending on phone model. You can view detailed information about this as you follow the steps in the Backup & Restore wizard.

If you need any assistance or clarifications, please feel free to contact Sony Xperia Support at the Toll Free number 1800-3000-2800 (Working Timings-9:00am to 9:00pm: Mon-Sun) alternately, you can email us at questions.in@support.sonymobile.com

For the latest news, information and product support please visit www.sonymobile.com/in 

Thank you for contacting Sony Xperia Support.

Always looking to serve you better.

Kind Regards,
Shubham Katiyar

Sony Xperia Customer Services

REUSE REDUCE RECYCLE: Sony strives to achieve a zero environmental footprint throughout the lifecycle of our products and business activities.

Please follow this link to know about recycling of your electronic products:http://www.sony.co.in/article/503906/section/environment

Visitor
Message 12 of 35
Message 12 of 35

I had the same problem with this update last week and done a factory reset, so far so good but for how long, needs to be sorted.
Enthusiast
Message 13 of 35
Message 13 of 35

Opposite party's voice hearing with continous breaks

Hello everyone...
I'm having Xperia z1 compact. In my mobile suddenly opposite party's voice started to break while on call.i tries online repair and rebooting to safe mode and hard reset nothing helped... Running in 5.0.2... Before with kitkat its good.it's this a software problem? Does anyone having this same issue? help me bros
Enthusiast
Message 14 of 35
Message 14 of 35

Aww man... Let's see the. 5.1.1 update solves the issue or not... Do you have any idea when the update is going to release? I googled and got details like ' in the next upcoming weeks '...if you buddies know anything please let me know... If i come to know anything then I'll let you know
Learner
Message 15 of 35
Message 15 of 35

I own Sony Xperia Z1C and facing the same voice cracking issue which person at other side have reported. This was intimated to their call center in Jun15 and did Mike test which found alright. Then reported this to Sony Center who did some system upgradation but now the same issue is coming up again. This is very embrassing while investing on premium product, others are noticing this issue. Would ask Mr Dipankar if solution provided by Sony has really worked...last time when I visited Sony, they threatened that further they require sending this to Chennai and would take one week.. Now I don't have standby unit so little worried.
Regards, Santosh
Regular
Message 16 of 35
Message 16 of 35

i had the same problem. disabling "Microphone noise suppression" and "Speaker voice enhancement" plus setting "equaliser" to "normal" solves voice problem.

Apprentice
Message 17 of 35
Message 17 of 35

Dear Sony, deeply regretted that nothing worked. If you have little care about your brand value kindly roll back update or go for replacement at the earliest. It's an appeal to my dear fellow friends and sony victims, come forward plz and lets make sony realize that they simply cannot cheat on us.
Regular
Message 18 of 35
Message 18 of 35

Delete all data for smartconnect then unistall all updates for it.  Go to Apps/All and delete all data for "phone".

Reboot the phone then update smartconnect.

It fixed the problem for me.

Adept
Message 19 of 35
Message 19 of 35

In Call settings, make sure you have "Microphone noise suppression" and "Speaker voice enhancement" both disabled.

Highlighted
Adept
Message 20 of 35
Message 20 of 35

@GANGSTAR wrote:
Aww man... Let's see the. 5.1.1 update solves the issue or not... Do you have any idea when the update is going to release? I googled and got details like ' in the next upcoming weeks '...if you buddies know anything please let me know... If i come to know anything then I'll let you know

Sorry to dissapoint but I think only the Z3 is getting the 5.1 Update