Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.
It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.
2016-05-27 01:34 PM - edited 2016-05-27 01:35 PM
I would like to make a complaint about Sony Mobile service in Poland. I have sent my mobile phone (Sony Xperia Z1 Compact) with faulty power button for repair to the authorized repair service w-support in Poland, during the warranty period. The warranty expires on 6th of June 2016. The warranty was cancelled for the following reason: other damage was detected by the repair service, indicated as frame damage (detected on the other side of the phone, than power button).
There are two issues here:
1. The phone does have normal wear traces, was not misused nor failed to be used in accordance with the Sony instructions. The only evidence of the repair service is one photograph with no clear indication of the fault. I have the phone returned and personally investigated with no trace of the damage claimed by the repair service.
2. The limited warranty document does not provide any indication that such faults (if they did really existed) do cancel the warranty. The so called "frame damage", if it really exists, was a result of normal wear, defects in design, materials or workmanship. I do not demand the frame repair, this does not affect phone functionality, even if it was result of defects in design, materials or workmanship. But the faulty power button makes the phone useless, as it could not be turned on. It was sent to the repair service as working, as I did not switched the phone off.
2016-05-27 03:50 PM
2016-05-29 09:36 PM
nickniem you can and should escalate it to Sony Poland for reinvestigation. It will be sent again to w-support (which I feel quite odd because they are judge in their own case) but at least you can try to get more information about the fault.
You can find contact here:
If that fails you can try to get more information through sonymobilepl facebook profile but I'm not sure if you get more support there.
2016-05-30 10:06 AM - edited 2016-05-30 10:07 AM
What I would like to underline, is that this is an unprecedented issue for me. The repair cost (as warranty was claimed to be cancelled) was estimated for around 100 EUR, this is not a lot of money, even for me. But the w-support service, along with Sony Mobile support people in Poland, claim that the phone was misused and the warranty is cancelled
1. The warranty is cancelled for no reason, there is no part of warranty document that allows to cancel the warranty (at least in this case).
2. I have the phone returned, now it can't be turned on, was sent to repair as working, as I tried to keep it turned on.
3. I don't understand the Sony customer approach, I was a big fan of Xperia series, considered replacing Z1C by a newer model.
4. I expect some cases are questionable, for example broken glass due to overheating. But my case is obvious. I have the phone returned, the screen has no trace of any scratch, there are some normal wear traces on the sides only, the phone is in very good condition for almost 2 years of use.
5. What I am forced to do now, is to look for other brand' phone - I could accept the phone that stops working one day after the warranty expires, but I cannot accept clearly unjust treatment from Sony Mobile service during warranty period.
6. Thank you for your advice, but I expect (what you are also confirming indirectly) contacting Sony support is useless.
7. Unfortunately, Sony is losing one of his good clients (I had so far had K800i, Xperia S Z1C and was pleased with all three) for a questionable 100 EUR.
8. I am still waiting for something what I could call "customer oriented" approach from Sony Mobile support.
9. What I am left with is civil court to fight some compensation, criminal case of fraud, and publicizing the issue.
Ps. Attached the current phone's appearance. This is how "damaged" Z1C looks like...
2016-05-30 10:50 AM
Last minute update:
I have contacted some people from Sony Mobile, and now the statement is that they will repair the phone with respect to the warranty (as the damage is minor, as stated).
This is a very good news, alas I had to use some indirect contacts to Sony Moble, I would expect the same approach when contacting Sony Mobile Support directly.
I will post an update when the phone will be repaired.
2016-06-07 02:20 PM - edited 2016-06-07 02:21 PM
It's back, looks like new, at least the frame at the edges is replaced.
Well, thank you, Sony. many thanks to Marketing Department people of Sony Mobile, that were involved in helping me to have the phone repaired. It lasted for nearly a month, many mails, but it is repaired, finally, under warranty, two days before the warranty expired.
Once again, I am grateful for repairing the phone, but nonetheless, I still prefer to have it handled more customer-oriented and more friendly. Sony Mobile Support in Poland has a lot to do, treating customers as fraudsters is not a best way of building strong market position.
2016-06-08 08:40 PM
good to know that your phone is back and working right know. It's good to know that marketing dept. can help sometimes but as you said it would be very welcome if that help was required in an edge case. In your case I share the same feelings...
Currently I'm investigating my next phone (Z3C replacement) but with the very same points as you mentioned above and with not so good specs of X series I also have to reconsider not only model but also a brand.