account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Screen pinning problems

Visitor
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Screen pinning problems

Hey there,

My Z1c is updated to the latest software and I was trying out some new features. Screen Pinning seemed useful, however, regardless of what type of lock I have (slide, pin etc) it doesn't ask when I un-pin it with the key combination. Am I missing something or is it a software bug?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Screen pinning problems

I think that's idea of pinning, you lock your display on a specific app to be used by a quest/stranger. But after you un-pin it will it take you to the lockscreen or leave your phone unlocked?

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Well there's not much use of it if they can simply un-pin it themselves, right? I mean it doesn't ask for a password to un-pin it (even though I set it to) and if they try to leave the app, it tells them in a handy tip how to do that. :/
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Go to Settings -> Security -> Screen pinning, there's an option to enable "Ask for unlock pattern before unpinning"

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Visitor
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Hi,

Sorry for not answering your first question: No, it returns me to the phone unlocked state. As I wrote it in the original post, I did enable the "Ask for unlock pattern before unpinning" option and tried it many different ways, but it still does not ask for password/pattern.

Thanks for the effort anyway, but I'm convinced that this is a bug. Just wanted to make sure.

One time poster
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

This is definitely a bug.

It worked correctly on my previous phone under Android 5.1 but my XZ1c is having issues on both 8 and 9.

With Ask for Pin Before Unpinning ON:

1. Pin screen

2. Press power button to disable display

3. Then press power again to turn the screen back on

Expected behaviour:

1. Pinned app is shown

2. When app unpinned phone prompts for pin to continue using device

Actual Behaviour:

1. Phone asks for pin immediately on wake.

2. App can now be used in pinned mode

3. Unpinning app gives full access to device without reprompting for pin.

As it currently is screen pinning is mostly useless for its main use case.