account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Screen freezes & phone shuts off on its own accord

One time poster
Message 11 of 32
Message 11 of 32

Re: Screen freezes & phone shuts off on its own accord

Hello everybody,

I have the exact same problem since this morning! I haven't done anything particular in the last days. Still, I have tried to unistall some apps (in particular my antivirus) but the problem remains. The phone is almost useless as it keeps freezing all the time. In safe mode, it works fine.

p.s. it looks like I have only problems when the phone is connected on the internet (Wifi).

Visitor
Message 12 of 32
Message 12 of 32

I have the same probleme sincer yesturday. I have reseted my Phone twice ani i hope it will not do it again. 

Visitor
Message 13 of 32
Message 13 of 32

Mine started doing this yesterday, while I was trying to write a message in the eBay app. It proceeded to crash about 20 times then, and has crashed a several times since. I've removed a few apps, including Facebook, which I've sinse reinstalled and FB no longer works!

Come on SONY pull your finger out and get this sorted, I don't want to have to perform a factory reset.

Learner
Message 14 of 32
Message 14 of 32

have the same issue, it started yesterday morning when facebook would not open - i 'tried' but returned to the home screen, then "myMail" app wouldnot open and the phone frooze and shut down, then started to cycle on and off.   My phone is also about 2 1/2 years old, no other history of problems, all the apps have been used since getting the phone. Would be great to have a fix for this, and know what caused it. Thanks!

ET3
One time poster
Message 15 of 32
Message 15 of 32

I have the same problem since yesterday. I can't even do the Factory Reset.

One time poster
Message 16 of 32
Message 16 of 32

Okey yesterday i had same issue and my phone was like useless about 4-5 hours. So also i noticed that my facebook app got like a glichy so i unistalled it and cleaned my cashe. (I did it when it was usable like for 3-4 min. period) then i restarted my phone and it was likely normal so i clear all my cashe via CCleaner. And its working normal i able to use it like nothing happened so give it a try. It's likely a third party program making it glichy.

Learner
Message 17 of 32
Message 17 of 32

Hi, Since my post earlier, I went through my apps list and unistalled any updatesdated that day, one of which was Facebookm and also uninstalled facebook, and so far the phone is working normally again.

Visitor
Message 18 of 32
Message 18 of 32

Yes. I also unistalled facebook and bow the phone works fine. We can use facebook lite in the meantime.

Learner
Message 19 of 32
Message 19 of 32

I have the same problem since yesterday phone currently unuasable! Please Sony HELP!!!! 

Very odd that all these phones with problems are all the same age...........just out of guarantee!

One time poster
Message 20 of 32
Message 20 of 32

Have the same problem here 

Yesterday i did a total reinstall and it work well after that but today its the same problem again.

Deleted Facebook app and problem is solved ;-)