account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Screen freezes & phone shuts off on its own accord

Learner
Message 21 of 32
Message 21 of 32

Re: Screen freezes & phone shuts off on its own accord

uninstalled facebook app, seems to work, why? 

Visitor
Message 22 of 32
Message 22 of 32

I am having the same problem. I will try deleting the facebook app, as that seems to have worked for some people. I know I can check my facebook through my browser, but I am not happy that this app isn't working. I hope Sony or Facebook sort it out soon!

Visitor
Message 23 of 32
Message 23 of 32

Also, since I uninstalled Facebook the phone has been behaving itself. Just need to decide when/if to reinstall it

Visitor
Message 24 of 32
Message 24 of 32

same here, uninstalled FB and now phone's just fine

also wrote to FB but you know...

hope the next update will fix the bug!! messy...

One time poster
Message 25 of 32
Message 25 of 32

Facebook

I have problems in Facebook app, it doesn't open anymore, please I need to help. 

One time poster
Message 26 of 32
Message 26 of 32

hey everybody,

i have the same problem, and also the phone is getting very hot , yours also? i tried to delete facebook app but i cant, because the phone shuts down the whole time. my phone is abour 3 years old..

One time poster
Message 27 of 32
Message 27 of 32

I'm having the exact same issues but don't have Facebook so it can't be that - guess it could be another 3rd party app but haven't downloaded anything recently. Also every time it restarts it cuts the battery life in half - just went from 75% battery to 30%!

Adept
Message 28 of 32
Message 28 of 32

Hi everybody if you read all these post and others related to this problem it seems to have started about a week since.

have exactly the same problem Screen freezes and then reboots .I have now Uninstalled Facebook app and all seems OK

Highlighted
Adept
Message 29 of 32
Message 29 of 32

Hi all

Just update

phone still OK with facebook app removed so that is the culprit  accessing facebook via web OK

If you read the other post it appears that if you install messenger it works OK  ????

Inhabitant
Message 30 of 32
Message 30 of 32

I just cleared all data and cache from Facebook app. Then signed in again. Everything seems to work ok now. I have latest Facebook version updated on 17 Jul.