account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

SIM card tray stuck

SOLVED
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

SIM card tray stuck

Greetings,

My sim card is nano and I use it on another phone, but I left in my xperia the adapter which converts from nano to micro. It is inside the sim tray with the right direction and everything, but when I try to pull it out it can move very little and no more. Please give me some suggestion how to fix this on my own. If I try to insert the nano on top of the adapter will it work? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Apprentice
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

Re: SIM card tray stuck

11 REPLIES 11
Emperor
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

@Radikan

If you do that you will permanently damage the phone, you should contact your Local support 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

Thank you. How can this be made in so lame way. Any other solutions?

Emperor
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

@Radikan

Well you shouldn't use adapters as this could happen. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

Tell me how can I trigger the locking mechanism is it on the top of the tray or left and right edges?

Emperor
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

@Radikan

With the SD card you just push it and it will spring out, with the SIM card however you just pull it out w/ the tray, since the tray its no longer there, you could damage the phone. 

Apprentice
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

No, my tray is there with the adapter, which has the same size as the micro sim. The only difference is there is a place in the adapter to put nano sim.
Apprentice
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

Ok, what I think is that the sim pins are blocking the adapter from moving. So I can try to insert flat strong and very thin material on top to free the pins from blocking?
Apprentice
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

Emperor
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

@Radikan

Glad to hear that.