account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Problem: Notification Sounds and Ringtones

SOLVED
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 61 of 132
Message 61 of 132

Re: Problem: Notification Sounds and Ringtones

Crackeling notifications sounds still happens.

I wonder if they're going to fix it, since z1 users seems not to have this problem.

Enthusiast
Message 62 of 132
Message 62 of 132

My main problem is not solved in the new update.
One time poster
Message 63 of 132
Message 63 of 132

I still have the crackling notification sound even after the .757 update. The crackling sound goes on for about a second when someone messages me. 

Rookie
Message 64 of 132
Message 64 of 132

Also experiencing the problem. When will be fixed? Or tell me how to downgrade to 4.3?

Visitor
Message 65 of 132
Message 65 of 132

I'm also having this issues after upgrading to .757. crackling sounds persists but the problem with playing the notification sounds on the wrong speaker is gone now.

so please sony fix this as soon as possible.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 66 of 132
Message 66 of 132

I've been testing this here but i can't hear any crackling sound when getting a notification. Does this happen with all apps or only certain apps? Does it help if you select another notification sound?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 67 of 132
Message 67 of 132

Hello Rickard!

I am also experiencing the issue with crackling sound of notification since the first update to KitKat (firmware 681). After 757 firmware It is still here, tried to make a full restore of the sw, but not positive.

How it is noticed:
On clean phone (no additional apps installed and contacts not restored) I open settings and when choosing a melody (doesn't depend on what type, standard or mp3 from internal memory or from sd card) first play in most of the cases cracks for a while then plays normally. If then choose another sound it plays good.

The sound also cracks for a while when I choose the sound file from Ringtones folder on Sd card or internal memory in File Commander and just open it by Walkman app.

Choosing another notification sound doesn't help, the issue repeats with all types of melodies as mentioned above mainly after phone goes to sleep.

There was no issue at all when I bought the smartphone with Android 4.3

I contacted local support via chat and they could only recommend me to go to the service center.

The issue is not really critical but it is a bit annoying and makes you feeling you have a phone like with very old processor inside.
Hopefully it could be identified and solved as I am very satisfied with other aspects of Z1c.

Regards,
Sergey

Edit: notification sound issue happens with all apps, and in 100% cases when connecting z1c with PC via WiFi (there are 2 notification sounds happen and both with cracks)
Adept
Message 68 of 132
Message 68 of 132

Updated my z1 compact on Friday to .757 and I also have the crackling sound when I get a notifications.

Done a factory reset and a clean install, still have the same crackling sound when I get a notifications.

Regular
Message 69 of 132
Message 69 of 132

Mine is a brand new Z1C (got it on Friday).  The .757 update was installed before it was even used for the 1st time.  It's a fresh install (I've even done a repair/reinstall via PC Companion).  Notification sounds (from any application whether the system itself, Gmail, Hangouts etc.) sound distorted for approx. 1 second.  This does not happen via the "sound picker", they sound fine there.  It happens when using any of sounds on the phone.  In my case I'm using the "Xperia" ringtone, the Xperia "Message Alert" & the Xperia "Notification".

One time poster
Message 70 of 132
Message 70 of 132

Can confirm cracking sound on both 681 and 757 fw.

All symptoms as mentioned above.

No such issue on JB.

My guess that this is software problem.