account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Power button problem

Visitor
Message 1 of 44
Message 1 of 44

Power button problem

Hi

since today I have a problem with the power button. I can push it, but nothing will happen. It doesn´t matter how hard I push it.

I have to push it several times before I can use my mobile (it is not off, it´s in "sleep mode" or whatever you call it)

Thanks for all suggestions

43 REPLIES 43
Message 2 of 44
Message 2 of 44

Re: Power button problem

Best thing is to return it for a replacement or refund depending on when & where you purchased it :smileysmileythumbsup:

Emperor
Message 3 of 44
Message 3 of 44

Do you have a protective case ?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 4 of 44
Message 4 of 44

Thanks !

No case yet, I have the Z1 compact for a two weeks now. On the screen is still the protective foil Winking Face

Bevore I go to the shop again, my concern is that maybe I am not the only one with this problem - you never know...

Rookie
Message 5 of 44
Message 5 of 44

I have a similar problem arising only recently with my Z1 compact purchased in central London.

if you wait, it does come out of 'sleep' mode but sometimes the delay is a good few seconds at the very least.

i thought it might be a setting or something i have done.

would be interested to see if it's a common problem or a simple setting change.

it seems to happen more often when phone is left idle for a long time.

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 44
Message 6 of 44

@mattjones76 wrote:

I have a similar problem arising only recently with my Z1 compact purchased in central London.

if you wait, it does come out of 'sleep' mode but sometimes the delay is a good few seconds at the very least.

i thought it might be a setting or something i have done.

would be interested to see if it's a common problem or a simple setting change.

it seems to happen more often when phone is left idle for a long time.

Yoy haven't done anything wrong and you are not the only one with 'out of sleep' problem.

About this problem you can read:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z1-Compact/proximity-sensor-issue-on-Z1-Compact/m-p/542913#U542...

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z1-Z1s/proximity-sensor-issue/td-p/378373

and on the XDA forum if you know it.

Unfortunately, as far as I know, nobody has got any kind of help from Sony - they completely ignore it, at least on this forum.

Rookie
Message 7 of 44
Message 7 of 44

just a quick follow up, a full "shutdown restart" of my phone has fixed the power button and phone coming in/out of sleep issue.

so now to deal with the new issue of my vibrate not working, and a full reboot (pushing little 'power' button near sim insert) worked once but has not since.

clearly not a hardware issue but anothe software bug.

i havent had this many issues (a few not mentioned) since my motorola star tac!!!

maybe sony will release a full software update one day...

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 44
Message 8 of 44

There are a few other threads popping up with the same issue, i'd say it's a software bug, hopefully Sony will iron it out and get an patch out soon.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 9 of 44
Message 9 of 44

yup another one here, ned to pick one and use it as the master i think, collect all the users.

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z1-Compact/Screen-delay/m-p/568971#U568971

Trying a forced reset see if that helps, does seem to, may be a RAM issue, but sees ok (have system panel lite to check) , still only 60-70% RAM in use

Xperia Z1 Compact on O2 UK
previously Xperia S
One time poster
Message 10 of 44
Message 10 of 44

I have noticed this issue with my Z1 c. Each time it had been either when the battery was low or after exposure to water. Glad to know i can do both without worry.
Low battery swim time.