account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Photo duplicates, and I can't erase them.

One time poster
Message 31 of 153
Message 31 of 153

Re: Duplicate Thumbnail foto boxes

I'm having exactly same problem with a week old camera. And NOTHING gets rid of all the duplicates which are of varying quality. doesn't matter if the photos are done by me or sent by whatsapp

Learner
Message 32 of 153
Message 32 of 153

Re: Duplicate Thumbnail foto boxes

Stap asking people to clear cache clear data and restart.its only bandaid.it comes back every few days.i know because i manually delete it every few days.it's getting annoying..fix it permanently.
Rookie
Message 33 of 153
Message 33 of 153

Re: duplicate photos

Album back to.doing same thing again. Importing photos from posts I.look at and from Walkman..??!!
Message 34 of 153
Message 34 of 153

Try settings-apps-all-media storage,force stop and clear data.Restart.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Visitor
Message 35 of 153
Message 35 of 153

Can someone please sort this problem out., Its really doing my head in!!

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 36 of 153
Message 36 of 153

Duplicate photos / Thumbnails showing *STILL A PROBLEM*

I have the problem of the ALBUM and the PHOTO viewers all showing duplicate copies of photos I have taken. 2 or 3 copies of one photo, some really bad quality. Im sure its because its treating the Thumbnails as actual photos, and then its making thumbnails of the thumbnails, which get worse each time. Its even creating photos of the first frame of Video files.

I have tried "clearing data" in different Apps, and also tried going into the phone and deleting the 100s of thumbnails by hand. These all work, for a short time, until the phone creates the duplicates again.

Can someone please help, its a real nightmare!!

Commissioner
Message 37 of 153
Message 37 of 153

Re: Duplicate photos / Thumbnails showing *STILL A PROBLEM*

A software repair should fix it. When I first bought the phone I just inserted an old SD card that has been used on a different old Xperia T running on JB. My wild guess is that smth on the card triggered this. I did format clean the SD card, did the repair software and gone it is.

Here is how to do the software repair:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Album/album-s-problem/m-p/716771#U716771

I know how frustrating is. 

Adviser
Message 38 of 153
Message 38 of 153

Album photo duplication

Whenever i screenshot an image or take apicture with the camera it saves to the Album which you'd expect, but it seems to duplicate them up to 10 times invarious forms (mostly of an unfocused image) i must have saved around 20-30 images but my album is full of duplicates.

Not just that but it automatically saves images i am sent via WhatsApp, and also seems to save any image file within a downloaded app, for example, i have PokerStars app on my phone and it has save hundres of images of poker chips and the PokerStars logo. Has anyone else had this problem? Or can anyone help with turning these auto saves off? Thanks

Sony Xperia Support
Message 39 of 153
Message 39 of 153

Re: Album photo duplication

This is something that we're currently investigating. I will update this thread as soon as i have more information.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 40 of 153
Message 40 of 153

Re: Photo duplicates, and I can't erase them.

I've uninstalled the last update for the album and I don't have the problem now,would like Sony to fix the update,my album made over 600 copies before now I only have the pictures that should be there! Hope this helps people