account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Phone is closing/opening apps on its own

Learner
Message 1 of 22
Message 1 of 22

Phone is closing/opening apps on its own

Hi

As said, My phone is opening/closing apps and swiping the screen on its own..

It can open apps, close apps, swipe/change sites all on its own. 

And when it is in this state i cant even turn off the phone pressing the on/off button.

When it is in this state i cant controll the phone at all, i just have to wait until it stops wich usually takes a few minutes. 

Do you think this is caused by an app or is the phone malfunctioning ? 

I am using the app ''Master Cleaner'' do speed up the phone and it allso searches the apps for virus. No virus found. 

Thanks in advance ! 

21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22
Message 2 of 22

Re: Phone is closing/opening apps on its own

I suggest you remove the task killer,see how it goes.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Apprentice
Message 3 of 22
Message 3 of 22

When my phone started doing exactly as stated in the OP, I took it back to the shop who sent it off for repair. I was given a new phone and this too is starting to do it now. I had problems with my last phone, an Xperia S too. I doubt I'll be buying a Sony phone again.
Message 4 of 22
Message 4 of 22

Are you sure that you did not install antivirus,task killers etc,apps that could interfere with the operating system?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Apprentice
Message 5 of 22
Message 5 of 22

Actually, I have Avg Anti Virus at the moment, with a task killer add on. I'll uninstall them and see how it goes. Thanks.
Message 6 of 22
Message 6 of 22

Ok,report here.

Learner
Message 7 of 22
Message 7 of 22

Ok ill try to uninstall Master Cleaner. But arent Task killers a good thing ? As there are no in-built application to kill tasks with ? And same with Anti Virus ? 

Message 8 of 22
Message 8 of 22

You can force close your apps from settings-apps-running.It is not recommended to use such apps because they can stop apps that you need.Also,antivirus is not needed if you know you are installing from trustful sources(eg google play).

Highlighted
Learner
Message 9 of 22
Message 9 of 22

Hi i uninstalled the Master Cleaner app but the problem persists.. its writes random letters on its own.. like if its pusing the screen on its own.. if i try to close an app it will just close it again and do all kinds of random stuff =(

Message 10 of 22
Message 10 of 22

Do you have a screen protector?