account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Phone is Locked into an Emergency Call Lock Screen

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 1 of 17
Message 1 of 17

Phone is Locked into an Emergency Call Lock Screen

Hi All,

My SX-Z1C is currently locked into an emergency call lock screen. I tried rebooting the modem without the SD card and SIM but it didnt work. is there a way to reformat the phone without getting into the settings / homescreen? Coz right now i cant get pass through the Emergency Call Lock Screen to get to the homescreen or settings. If so what tools do i need.? Or is there a way to fix the issue without reformatting the phone

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Forum Legend
Message 4 of 17
Message 4 of 17

Re: Phone is Locked into an Emergency Call Lock Screen

To perform a system repair

Switch off your phone and unplug from Pc (Hold volume up and power for around 10 seconds)

Start PC Companion and select Support zone then Update my phone/tablet then in Blue Repair my phone/tablet and follow the onscreen instructions - When prompted connect your phone still switched off holding volume down - This should start the repair or reformat process

If you are using Windows 8/8.1 or a 64bit operating system then adjust the settings for PC Companion and run in compatibility mode and chose Windows 7 or XP

Remove your IMEI number from your above post

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

16 REPLIES 16
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 17
Message 2 of 17

How did this happen because I find myself unwilling to help as this can happen if the phone is lost or stolen and the owner locks the phone remotely meaning what you have now will be the outcome of running a remote command

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Visitor
Message 3 of 17
Message 3 of 17

the phone is not stolen.. i was wiping the fingerprints with a cloth and suddenly went to that screen..

S/N: CB5A1YBML

IMEI: (deleted)

BARCODE: 7311271449522

i also have the receipt, contact details of the shop where i bought it, and the date of purchase as a proof, if ever you may need it..

Forum Legend
Message 4 of 17
Message 4 of 17

To perform a system repair

Switch off your phone and unplug from Pc (Hold volume up and power for around 10 seconds)

Start PC Companion and select Support zone then Update my phone/tablet then in Blue Repair my phone/tablet and follow the onscreen instructions - When prompted connect your phone still switched off holding volume down - This should start the repair or reformat process

If you are using Windows 8/8.1 or a 64bit operating system then adjust the settings for PC Companion and run in compatibility mode and chose Windows 7 or XP

Remove your IMEI number from your above post

Visitor
Message 5 of 17
Message 5 of 17

Resolved.. Thank You Sir.. :smileysmileythumbsup:

Apprentice
Message 6 of 17
Message 6 of 17

It worked for me too. Thank you !!

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 7 of 17
Message 7 of 17

i am also having this problem, i cant use PC companion though as my phone is old and doesnt appear on the list of phones that sony do, its an Xperia Miro, is their anything i can do about this?

One time poster
Message 8 of 17
Message 8 of 17

Hello, 

i hook under the topic because I have a similar problem, but how can I copy the data before I repair the system? because I can not get through usb, it is locked ...

Is there any way ? please help

Visitor
Message 9 of 17
Message 9 of 17

Forgot my phone password

I can't open my phone due to I forgot password . I tried by PC companion but the program don't work well it wants updating but when I start update it informs me that is wrong . I reinstalled PC companion but the same result . what should I do ? 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 10 of 17
Message 10 of 17

Re: Forgot my phone password

Hi @Bebars, I'm sorry to hear that.

I moved your post to this topic

PC Companion has been replaced by Xperia Companion. If you download and install it you can use the Repair option to reset your device.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.