account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Phone gets silent on recieving calls after update to 5.1.1

SOLVED
Learner
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

Phone gets silent on recieving calls after update to 5.1.1

I have just updated to 5.1.1 where my phone lost its ability to ring from speaker while recieving calls only. Also it can ring for other notifications like messages, other Applications, remainders, alarms etc but it is not ringing while recieving calls. Pls tell me the remedial measures for it.

I used the safe mode and deactivate the google now from any screen option.

Please Help me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

Re: Phone gets silent on recieving calls after update to 5.1.1

Could you please check so that you don't have the developer option "Use AwsomePlayer" enabled? You can find this under Settings -> Developer options. If you don't see "Developer options", first go to Settings -> About phone and tap the build number 7 times. Then you should see it.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

11 REPLIES 11
Sage
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

@xp1c

Go to settings--apps--3 dot menu (top right corner)-- tap on reset app preferences and press OK and see if this works.

Emperor
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

@xp1c

Also, settings > apps > all > smartconnect > clear data > restart the phone 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

Hi, thanks for your answer but, not work, when I reboot the phone the ringing work for a moment, after two or three ringing the phone get silent.

Thanks

Emperor
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

@xp1c

Does it work while on safe mode ?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Genius
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

Hi xp1c,  welcome to the community!

Does the same issue occur in Safe Mode? I advise booting in safe mode so we can determine what the best course of action is from there. 

To boot your phone in safe mode press the power key until the Power Off message appears > hold your finger on Power Off for 2-3 seconds until 'Reboot to safe mode?' appears > tap OK. To exit Safe Mode just power the phone off & then on normally.

Let us know what happens so we can further assist.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

Hi, I boot my xperia in Safe Mode and not work, the phone rings two times and after silent and silent until a new reboot and again it rings two times and silent.

Thanks

Highlighted
Genius
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

xp1c if you have ensured that Ring volume is turned up under Settings > Sound & Notification and the issue still occurs in Safe Mode I then advise running a software repair. This is likely to resolve the issue as it will remove & re-install the operating system of the device. You need to download either PC Companion or Bridge for Mac. The process will delete all user data however you can do a back up first. To do a backup on PC Companion just click Start under Backup & restore and then follow the on screen instructions. To do a backup on Bridge for Mac select Back up your Xperia device and follow thopse instructions. 

Running the software repair on PC Companion:
1. Install and open PC Companion then select Support Zone.
2. Phone Software Update.
3. Start.
4. Repair Phone
5. Continue
6. Accept data removal
7. Next
8. Wait for prepare
9. Select Phone
10. Follow the connection steps

Running the software repair on Bridge for Mac:
1. Launch Bridge for MAC without the handset connected.
2. On the Main Window select "Xperia > Repair Xperia Device".
3. Ensure the phone is charged and select "Ok" in the following window.
4. Select Continue on the following page.
5. Wait until the initialising step is finished the continue as below.
6 . Select your model of phone from the list that appears
7. Follow the connection steps that appear, ensuring that you are holding the relevant button down before during and after the connection phase until the update/repair begins.

Keep us updated Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

Have the same Z1 compact problem; after reboot - even in safe mode - the phone rings once only, then LED alerts only. A second call will give no acoustic signal.
Will wait until report on s/w repair by ajax1 or xp1

Sony Xperia Support
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

Could you please check so that you don't have the developer option "Use AwsomePlayer" enabled? You can find this under Settings -> Developer options. If you don't see "Developer options", first go to Settings -> About phone and tap the build number 7 times. Then you should see it.