account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Phone freezes when making a phone call

One time poster
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Phone freezes when making a phone call

Hey,

I've only got my new phone for 3 months now and since about 1 month I have a problem when calling. 

When I make a call the screen goes black and I can't unlock the screen anymore and it only works again once the other person hangs up the phone, I can't even do that myself. 

And when I get a call the screen always unlocks when I place it near my ear so I always end up pressing something on the screen.

Help is appreciated thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Genius
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Phone freezes when making a phone call

Do you install any screen protectors?Maybe it was interfering the proximity sensor.

Try this

Go to Settings > About Phone > Diagnostics > Test Device > Ear Proximity Sensor test and test it whether it functions properly or not.

If no,try removing the screen protector(if you install one) and test it again
AlwaysHereToHelp #ThankYouKobe24
One time poster
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

I have same problem of screen freeze during call. But i have no protector

Emperor
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

@12215_qas

Could you test your device?

Settings > About phone > Diagnostics > Test

Oreo

Settings > Support > Tests

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)