account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Overheating z1 compact after KITKAT

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 11 of 18
Message 11 of 18

Re: Overheating z1 compact after KITKAT

MIne's started overheating too, but only since the 4.4.4 update.  Battery going quicker and loads hotter than ever before at times.  I don't think i've added any new apps recently either?

Edit - battery use shows Android System has used 45% recently, as someone else mentioned

Trev

Adept
Message 12 of 18
Message 12 of 18

Yep, all sounds very familiar... hot, bad battery life and a high percentage of system resources being used by the Android system...

I've discharged and charge a few times since my last post and I have to say, things have really settled down quite nicely. I don't think the battery lifes as good as 4.3 but its okay. I've had no more heat issues since and the Android System is showing 12% at present. My advice is to hang in there, discharge/charge a few more times and see how you get on.

Thinking about it, I might have completely switched off and reset (from standby; volume up and the power button until you feel 3 vibrations) at least once since updating - maybe that helped too? Worth a try :smileysmileywink:

Visitor
Message 13 of 18
Message 13 of 18

Still overheating once a day on average.  Strange thing is it stays hot for ages after it's switched itself off, so something's still going on in there?

I guess there's nothing to do except get it in to carphone warehouse and let them send it off to Sony?

Apprentice
Message 14 of 18
Message 14 of 18

I'm having the same heating issue, mine is any time any video is played. Gets crazy hot.
Also under Battery Usage the screen is at 61%
Battery drain is wicked.

This is only since updating to Kitkat 4.4.4
Any chance I can roll back?
One time poster
Message 15 of 18
Message 15 of 18

my phone heats up and a msg pops up phone switching off due to overheating and when I plug in charger battery sometime charges n sometimes doesn't please help
Sony was known for quality
One time poster
Message 16 of 18
Message 16 of 18

i am so dis appointed with sony now, after watching so many good reviews about xperia z1 compact i purchased the phone just 3 days back and, now  already regretting for buying it.

my phone gets so hot even after just mild photograpgy and messaging, if i play game and that too very lite games like subway surfer it feels like the phone is going to explode.

i am so confused right now and dont know what to do.

is it a problem with sony or android kitkat 4.4.4? 

Plz help me find a solution..

One time poster
Message 17 of 18
Message 17 of 18

Overheating z1 compact

Team Sony  Please help to resolve issue of OVER HEATING.

Back is felt like IRON and bettery life reduced just in 2 months.

Images are getting duplicated again and again

Request for solution or replacement.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 18 of 18
Message 18 of 18

Regarding the overheating: Have you tried a restart and/or reset (using the hidden button under the micro sim flap)?

Regarding the duplicate photos: It may just be a matter of changing the album version (older or newer version). The workaround using. nomedia files did the trick for me.