account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

My phone keeps vibrating randomly?

Learner
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

My phone keeps vibrating randomly?

Hi there!

I searched the forum for vibration issues and found similar problems, but nothing sounded exactly like the one my Z1 Comapct keeps having. Either the vibration don't work or it has to be force stopped. My phone vibrates too much and randomly.

For a week or so now my phone has been vibrating (short vibrations) randomly. I think the vibration is mainly activated by my touch, but I haven't found any more specific trigger points. I have been hearing (or imagening?) some vibrations while the phone is just lying on the table, but can't say for sure. With random I mean there isn't any incoming message or notification, the phone just vibrates.

Besides random vibrating I'm also having problems answering messages (fb messenger, WhatsApp, sms - no diffrece) - I can write a couple letters, then the phone vibrates and closes the keyboard. I tap the screen to continue the message writing and the same thing will happen again. The phone also vibrates when I unlock the screen - I guess this is normal, but I'm pretty sure my phone didn't do this earlier.

Would you know the reason and solution for my problem(s)?

6 REPLIES 6
Learner
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: My phone keeps vibrating randomly?

Oh and now the vibration is also accompanied by a sound. When I unlocked the screen there was about five vibration+beeps in a row. I think it was because I tilted the phone, but wasn't able to specify what specific movement was the reason. I also get random bleeps and vibrations while writing this post. Super annoying..
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Did you check in keyboard settings if you hadn't enabled vibrate and sound on keypress?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Learner
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Thank you for your answer. I have the vibrate setting on and it works as it should and the problem is elsewhere. This problem vibration my phone's having is more random and the sound is like a "you got mail" - a bleep I haven't got anywhere else.. :/
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Strange,did you enable developer options?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

I have this problem it make me crazy.
But it disappeared when I rebooted my device but it come back again.
Sony is a fake quality
One time poster
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Disable the app smart connect it works instantly