account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Headset not supported

Rookie
Message 31 of 84
Message 31 of 84

Re: Headset not supported

If you can't find alcohol to spray then use perfume or clones. They have iso propyl alcohol base so performs the same.
One time poster
Message 32 of 84
Message 32 of 84

Headset problem

Hi. I've been getting random "headset not supported. Visit sony....." message even if there isn't any plugged headsets on my phone.
I've even tried uninstalling smart connect but its still not working.
Learner
Message 33 of 84
Message 33 of 84

What finally helped me was to wipe the headphone plug (add some alcohol if you want..), plug it in, give it a little twist back and forth (to get dust and dirt out of the input socket). Finally blowing the headphone jack hole like some good ol' NES-cartridge made the messages go away. Also try uninstalling the updates if this doesn't help.
One time poster
Message 34 of 84
Message 34 of 84

Im having to same problem on my Z1 and so my husband. Some days it fine not message pops up. Other days it's poping up all the time. Sony please fix this.
One time poster
Message 35 of 84
Message 35 of 84

Disabling Unsupported Headset Notification app in your settings works. Not sure if this app will restart itself.
One time poster
Message 36 of 84
Message 36 of 84

Re: Headset not supported message even unplugged

SAME HERE. THIS "HEADSET NOT SUPPORTED" BUG IS REALLY ANNOYING. IT KEEPS ON POPPING UP!!! SONY PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS. IT'S UNTOLERABLE. ALSO PLEASE IMPROVE THE CAMERA OF Z1 COMPACT. It aggresively pumps up the ISO level in most cases using AUTO MODE. it is supposed to be SUPERIOR.

Visitor
Message 37 of 84
Message 37 of 84

Help me plz !!

Headsets not supported .. I try every thing Slightly frowning Face
After update software Slightly frowning Face
Emperor
Message 38 of 84
Message 38 of 84

Re: Help me plz !!

@Kholoud

Test a different pair of headphones and report back.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 39 of 84
Message 39 of 84

Hi @Kholoud,

Welcome to the community. 

When you say you have tried everything, can you please advise us of the steps you have taken so far?

Can you also please advise us what headsets are not working with your phone?

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 40 of 84
Message 40 of 84

I tried more than one .. It dosen't work