account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Headset not supported

Visitor
Message 21 of 84
Message 21 of 84

Re: Headset not supported

This has started happening on my Sony too. I've not had the headset plugged in all day and the message still appears. I've tried everything
Emperor
Message 22 of 84
Message 22 of 84

@MichelleTzu @kellyh1991

You might want to get your device inspected by your Local support

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 23 of 84
Message 23 of 84

This has started to happen to my Z1 Compact too. Even while writing this text I got 3 popups saying that my headset is not supported, even I don't have one attached. And yes, I did all the data clearing, even disabled Smart Connect and the problem still exists.. Slightly frowning Face Makes the device irritating to use.
Visitor
Message 24 of 84
Message 24 of 84

Mine has stopped doing it. I plugged in a Nokia headset, the messaged pooped up. I clicked ok, unplugged the headset and so far not seen the message again.
Visitor
Message 25 of 84
Message 25 of 84

*popped up even!!
Regular
Message 26 of 84
Message 26 of 84

The "headset not supported" is giving me a BIG problem!
1. In camera while focusing, when the msg "headset not supported appear on screen can't focus!!!!!
2. While playing Need For Speed, racing halfway when "headset not supported" appear game restarts and game credit gone!!!!

Pls fix the problem, please..
One time poster
Message 27 of 84
Message 27 of 84

I am also having this issue with the recent lollipop update.
While it's not a real solution, it is a bandaid fix.
Go to system>app>all and near the bottom you'll ha e "Unsupported Headset Notifier"
I simply disabled this app and boom, no message for the last three hours using YouTube to test.

Hopefully this will help some people, but moreso,maybe we can have a real fix in the near future.
One time poster
Message 28 of 84
Message 28 of 84

I've got this same problem and it's so frustrating! I've been getting the ''Headset not supported'' message since the beginning of January even though I don't have a headset plugged in. I've cleared data and uninstalled updates (Smart Connect) and eventually decided to disable the whole app since it didn't help. I've tried restarting the phone and I've checked the audio jack (where there's no dirt/dust to be seen). I can no longer talk on speaker because the phone pops up the message and turns off the speaker. I'm really hoping that Sony fixes this problem ASAP because my phone is becoming pretty much unusable because of this. If we're not getting a software update that fixes this, then I'm afraid I'm gonna get a new phone and this time it's unfortunately not gonna be Sony (have had tons of problems with my Z1 Compact and the acro S which I had before the Z1C).

One time poster
Message 29 of 84
Message 29 of 84

I'm also getting this error since last week, no headset connected at all. Nothing helps. Xperia Z1.

As workaround helps disabling Settings -> apps -> all -> Unsupported Headset Notifier

Rookie
Message 30 of 84
Message 30 of 84

Same problem with my z1 and error message kept coming back after doing what it's been suggested. But this is what I did and it's been fixed. Use some cleaning agent like alcohol and spray it into the headphone socket on your phone then use the original sony jack headphone and connect then reboot. Good luck.