account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Headset not supported

Emperor
Message 11 of 85
Message 11 of 85

Re: Headset not supported message even unplugged

@ricowaldo

are you using a CTIA or OMTP standard headphones?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 12 of 85
Message 12 of 85

I have the same problem after updating to lolipop 5.1. Its so annoying, and to answer uliwooly there are no headphones plugged in but the the message still pops up totally randomly, then quickly dissappears. Also the headphone jack works fine and I dont get the message when headphones are actually plugged in.
Adviser
Message 13 of 85
Message 13 of 85

Hello! I am now a few days received a phone screen quickly flit of the message: the headset is not supported ... Even though I did not have a headset connected to a Sony Xperia Z1 Compact.The first notifications came when I used Whatsapp application, then today became the notices when I used the camera.
Visitor
Message 14 of 85
Message 14 of 85

Re: Headset not supported

I've been getting this since the last software updateto z1 compact. Message flashes up randomly for a second, interrupting whatever I'm using, and I never use headphones. Have cleared cache, data, and updates multiple times while also restarting phone between. No joy.
Message 15 of 85
Message 15 of 85

@kellyh1991@Gone@67Kiisseli@Redshot62

Have any of you sent the device into service?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Visitor
Message 16 of 85
Message 16 of 85

I have not. Refused to due to the reaction by my service provider to my protest at forced update through the phones data connection.
Adviser
Message 17 of 85
Message 17 of 85

This bug occurred since the last update. Waiting for very much that we would get the Android 6.0 update. The phone is otherwise acted properly. I have never taken the device for service.
Visitor
Message 18 of 85
Message 18 of 85

Headphone not supported

Hi. I've been getting random "headset not supported. Visit sony....." message even if there isn't any plugged headsets on my phone
Emperor
Message 19 of 85
Message 19 of 85

Re: Headphone not supported

@Scrappy1

Let's narrow down the issue.

Settings > apps > all > smartconnect > clear data > restart the phone

also check that there's nothing inside the 3.5mm jack 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 20 of 85
Message 20 of 85

Done all of that and its still happening.