account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Headset not supported

Apprentice
Message 1 of 85
Message 1 of 85

Headset not supported

I keep getting a message flash up in my phone saying the headset is not supported change headset or go to sony support page but couldnt see anything. Anyone have any idea what it could be

84 REPLIES 84
Message 2 of 85
Message 2 of 85

Re: Z1 compact

Try refreshing your Smart Connect app:

- Go to Settings -> Apps -> Smart Connect -> Force stop, Unistall updates, Clear data.
- Go to your Play Store and update Smart Connect again.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Apprentice
Message 3 of 85
Message 3 of 85

I tried that but it is still coming up dont know what i could be
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 4 of 85
Message 4 of 85

in my case I had to uninstall all Smart connect updates - then it worked. Funny thing - it worked perfectly with other than SONY headphones - this is very sad Slightly frowning Face

Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 85
Message 5 of 85

Re: Headset not supported

@kellyh1991 Does this happen no matter what headset you use or only with a specific headset? Has this message started to appear recently?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 6 of 85
Message 6 of 85

Its started appearing in the last couple weeks and it comes up when theres nothing plugged in. It has me totally confused
Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 85
Message 7 of 85

That sounds strange. Does it work if you restart your phone into safe mode?

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 8 of 85
Message 8 of 85

Headset not supported message even unplugged

i keep getting the headset not supported message even when headset is unplugged 

i tried uninstaling smart connect and reinstalling it but didn't help 

Forum Legend
Message 9 of 85
Message 9 of 85

Re: Headset not supported message even unplugged

Hi,

Could you make sure that there are no kind of dirt or similar in your audio jack? You can always try to restart the phone while you have a headset connected to see if this can help.

One time poster
Message 10 of 85
Message 10 of 85

Re: Headset not supported message even unplugged

Hi, I have same issue, just wondering if you got the bug fixed, it's driving me crazy. Tried clearing Sony Connect data and reinstalling but no change. Still getting message.....