account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Google Voice Typing not functional

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 13
Message 1 of 13

Google Voice Typing not functional

Dear Support Angels,

I have bought yesterday my new Smartphone Xperia Z1 Compact and tried many things.

It´s really nice, but I have a problem:

If I go to the Menu- Voice Dialing , it doesn´t work correctly. It shows me in German the orders which I can Say, but no order will be recognized, also not in english.

The second problem is the point: Google Voice Typing.

If i go to Settings - Language and Input - I see three Keyboards (Chinese, Xperia and Japanese).

If I go to Xperia Keyboard with the Setting Symbol the Option "Key for Google Voice Typing" is grey and I can´t activated it.

How can I uninstall the chinese and japanse Keyboard or are they important and how can I activate the "Key for Google Voice Typing" so that I can talk to my phone and it write the text and how I can get the point "Voice Dialing" working ?

Thank you very much for your help

greets Marcel

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Message 2 of 13

Re: Google Voice Typing not functional

Those keyboards cannot be uninstallled,they are default.You need root access to delete them.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Visitor
Message 3 of 13
Message 3 of 13

Ok, thank you for this information. Then I don´t need to uninstall them.

But how can I activate this google voice function ?

should it not work since the beginning without any settings from me or is this an "extra option" which has to be activated with complicated combinations ?

Forum Legend
Message 4 of 13
Message 4 of 13

Have you tried going to Settings - Language and input then activating Google voice typing or on the list at the top it may say Default - Tap this then set up input methods then see if you can activate Google voice typing - If so select input language and select the language - If automatic is ticked then untick and choose your own - Auto is governed by SIM card or country

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Forum Legend
Message 5 of 13
Message 5 of 13

Just checked several of my phones - On the keyboard you are currently using select the settings icon then tick the box Google voice typing key and see if you can now type via voice - A microphone should of appeared on for example the txt message keyboard - Tap that and start talking

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Visitor
Message 6 of 13
Message 6 of 13

I´ve tried this, but maybe you can see it on the picture. The option "google voice typing" is grey and I can´t activate it.Picture2014313213255.jpg

this are the setting-language and voice picture:

Picture2014313213622.jpg

and if i open for example whats app to write somebody, i can click on the setting button in the keyboard and the following options will be shown

Picture2014313213556.jpg

Forum Legend
Message 7 of 13
Message 7 of 13

You may not be able to see my screenshots until a Mod authorizes them however until then I'll just fill in the blanks with what I have or what I do

So if you have the image below select 1 where the arrow is then you will see image 2 below this one - Make sure Handwriting is not the selected method then on doing that you should have something like my image 3 and then see if you can tick Google voice - However back to image 1 and select 2 then see image 4 and can you enable Google voice now

If all the above is no help then I can only recommend that you backup any and all important info and perform a repair

Just a though on my image 4 at the top select Personalization then keep tapping right on the final page can you enable Google voice

Screenshot_2014-03-13-21-55-08.jpg

Screenshot_2014-03-13-22-07-26.png

Screenshot_2014-03-13-22-09-01.png

Screenshot_2014-03-13-21-56-40.jpg

Forum Legend
Message 8 of 13
Message 8 of 13

Just a bit of info for you

If you want to take a screenshot tap the bottom right start menu icon next to the home button and then tap the silhouette of the two mountains to bring up the small app screenshot then just tap it or at the same time hold volume down and power until you see the screenshot been took

One time poster
Message 9 of 13
Message 9 of 13

HAI FRIEND I AM ALSO SONY XPERIA SP USER 

IN MY PHONE I AM NOT  ABLE TO USE GOOGLE VOICE TYPING IN OFFLINE 

IN SAMSUNG PHONES HAVE THE FUNCTION. BUT I  CANNOT USE THIS FEATURE IN MY PHONE

PEASE HELP ME FRIENDS

One time poster
Message 10 of 13
Message 10 of 13

Hi,

I had this problem and after installing Google, this problem got resolved.

Try this: The Google apps was in disabled status and I enabled it and upgraded it. On successful upgradation, you can see Voice Search icon and Google icon in the installed icons... 

- Kamaraj