account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Facebook events don't display in Xperia calendar app after accepting?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Facebook events don't display in Xperia calendar app after accepting?

Hi all,

I have a Z1 Compact synced with Facebook AND Xperia with Facebook, but I've just noticed that Facebook events are no loner showing in the stock calendar app, and I swear they used to.

I did a bit of testing and found that I could get the Facebook events to display in the calendar but as soon as I accepted one, it disappeared from the calendar, obviously making the whole thing pointless. 

I've tried clearing caches as well as removing and readding sync accounts, but nothing seems to fix it. Did the support chat with Xperia staff but they just kept saying it could be a Facebook issue, rather than an Xperia issue... I pointed out that it seems weird that they would advertise a phone feature that isn't supported anymore.

Has anyone else cmoe across this, and more importantly, does anyone have a solution??? Facebook events make up the majority of my planned activities so it would be good to have them in my one unified calendar!

Thanks,

Dion

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Apprentice
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

Re: Facebook events don't display in Xperia calendar app after accepting?

For anyone who has read this thread or come across this issue, I can report that I upgraded to the firmware 14.4.A.0.157 and the issue has now been fixed! All my Facebook events are now showing up in my Xperia calendar as they used to!

Case closed!

8 REPLIES 8
Emperor
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Check this 

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z1-Compact/Facebook-events-don-t-display-in-Xperia-calendar-app...

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

Hi Uliwooly,

Thanks for replying but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to check? The link you supplied just goes to a page with both of my supprot forum posts, but no solutions?

Emperor
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

My bad, wrong link

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z3-Compact/Z3-Compact-is-amazing-But-can-t-get-some-things-to-w...

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

Thanks! I've had a look but I've already got the sync set up correctly (birthdays are on and actually do display, and my Facebook is set up to sync). Also, the third option of syncing Facebook to Google Calendar doesn't seem to work anymore as Facebook no longer have the 'export calendar' function...

Any ideas?

Also, are you running Z1c on 4.4.4 and do you get your Facebook events in your calendar? Just trying to confirm that it isn't a Facebook issue! 

Emperor
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

I can't see the birthdays, it seems to be a facebook issue.

Apprentice
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

Strange - but can you see your Facebook events in the Xperia calendar? I can see all the birthdays fine (although they just display a blank contact photo for each rather than the actual contact photo)...

If you can see the events but not the birthdays, and I can see the birthdays but not events, it makes me think it isn't a Facebook issue after all...?

Emperor
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

neither, which is quite odd

Apprentice
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

For anyone who has read this thread or come across this issue, I can report that I upgraded to the firmware 14.4.A.0.157 and the issue has now been fixed! All my Facebook events are now showing up in my Xperia calendar as they used to!

Case closed!