account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

FM Radio died.

One time poster
Message 31 of 42
Message 31 of 42

Re: FM Radio died.

Today at my radio has died. 1.5 month old phone. I wonder what the service will write

Apprentice
Message 32 of 42
Message 32 of 42

Fm radio freezes!!!! FIX IT!!
Visitor
Message 33 of 42
Message 33 of 42

sorry for my bad english.. i hope all of u can understand what im trying to tell...ok guys.. here is my case. i just bought  z3C last week. and now my FM radio cant function so after wondering why.  i Got a Solution The reason why  this happend is because i activate "OK GOOGLE"  function. now after i deactivate this function surpisingly my FM Radio WORK WELL... i hope SONY will get this fix ASAP .. and one more. if i activate OK GOOGLE .. one notification "Recording in progress in another app. Cannot record" suddenly appear when i open camera... yeah this is very frustrating... 

api
One time poster
Message 34 of 42
Message 34 of 42

Dear Sony Community,

same situation here. I bought the Z1 compact around 2 months ago and since 2 weeks I cannot receive any radio stations anymore. I tried all the tricks mentioned in posts before (deleting cache, switch-off "ok google" function, ...) but nothing worked. Just for some moments it seemed to work again, after I deleted the cache of google search and the radio app, but this was only for some minutes. This is quite anoying, as the radio was one primary criteria when I decided to buy the phone....

Is there any fix out there since the other posts were written?

Thanks and best,

Alex

One time poster
Message 35 of 42
Message 35 of 42

I got my new z1c and tried the radio 📻 it worked with so clear sound for seconds then it went like no signal at all I tried factory reset, system update,system repair,the next to sim button and even safe mode with no help after that I sent the phone to the repair center under warranty they called me after 2 days and I exchanged the phone I am using it for 15 days now the phone is so good thx sony and thx repair center in Egypt (rizkallah),that is why I am loyal with Sony from over 10 years.
Hah I exchanged another sony Ericsson phone under warranty at last month of warranty a few years later at delta agent Egypt. Love u sony
Regular
Message 36 of 42
Message 36 of 42

Same here as pitit sony should fix this
One time poster
Message 37 of 42
Message 37 of 42

My z1compact 's radio stops working since lollipop update, it works perfectly for a year... But now radio does not work altought i must say that the camera has some improvment...
One time poster
Message 38 of 42
Message 38 of 42

Hey I have the same Issue on my sony z1 compact. The Radio worked perfectly. But since I updated to android lolipop when I turn it on its mute. I tried different headsets but no work. I think its the new lolipop, i will go back to kit kat. Did you solve the problem alrady? Which androir version do you have??

Sage
Message 39 of 42
Message 39 of 42

In my device also radio is dead. The application starts but there is no sound coming from headset as well as external speakers. Also it does not search for any stations.
Enthusiast
Message 40 of 42
Message 40 of 42

Mine died too, but deactivating google now voice on all screen fix it. 

I wonder if its sony or google fault =/