account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

FM Radio died.

Adviser
Message 21 of 42
Message 21 of 42

Re: FM Radio died.

To be fair, the FM radio on the Xperia Z1 Compact was excellent compared to my previous HTC handsets. That is while it worked Smiling Face with open mouth & closed Eyes

Learner
Message 22 of 42
Message 22 of 42

then you must be lucky 1! cause i am having 3 phones grom sony, the oldest one is 8 years old! Stil fm reception is better on that phone

Adviser
Message 23 of 42
Message 23 of 42

The story so far:

Purchased Sony Xperia Z1 Compact from GiffGaff and received on 20 February 2014 - IMEI xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Phone sent to Sony on 23 April 2014

Phone received by Sony on 25th April 2014

Email from Sony on 01 May 2014 stating phone repaired and fully tested and returned

Phone Received on 02 May 2014

Phone manually tested by me to find that physical camera button working but FM radio not working. Cover note indicates that only a software update was performed

Phone received by Sony on 06 May 2014

Email from Sony on 9th May - “An additional component is required to complete the repair of your device and currently this component is not available at our UK repair centre. We have however ordered the part and expect this to be delivered over the next few days. As soon as the part is received it will be assigned to your handset and the repair will be completed as a priority before the handset is returned to you. We can assure you we are committed to resolving this problem with the quickest solution for you and we do apologise for this minor delay.”

Email from Sony on 15th May - “Our engineers have attempted to repair your handset under the terms and conditions of the Sony Limited Warranty. The fault on your handset, although covered by warranty, was not repairable so we have provided a like for like exchange unit in line with the terms and conditions of the Sony Limited Warranty.  This exchange handset has been fully tested and despatched”

Phone Received on 16th May and tested by me. New IMEI xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Physical camera button not working, no screen protector included (handset sent to Sony had screen protector), a number of scratches on the back of the phone (phone I sent for repair was immaculate and had no marks), bottom right of screen not flush with case and indeed it is not attached properly. This will mean it is not waterproof. Cover note indicates Main board was exchanged, software upgrade and quality control was passed.

**bleep** Sony! 

Adviser
Message 24 of 42
Message 24 of 42

Talk about adding insult to injury!!! Been provided with an email address to send the details of my complaint and a couple photos of the joke handset....Send an email, bounces as undeliverable.....Back onto Sony online chat, "I will send you an email, you respond and it should be OK".....Do as requested and guess what......Email bounced again! 

Do Sony not understand that there is a big bad world out there, plenty of forums and tv programs just waiting for these sorts of stories! Clearly not!

Adviser
Message 25 of 42
Message 25 of 42

Latest news....Continuing Saga!

After a couple attempts to send the pictures, I sent the email with the same information and no pictures with a note saying their network is not accepting pictures. I get a response saying that the case cannot be escalated without photos, clearly the email was not read! I managed to shrink the photos and attach them, finally managing to get the email through. Surely something less cryptic than "The error that the other server returned was: 550 Rule imposed mailbox access for questions.gb@support.sonymobile.com refused" would be sensible to assist the customer in understanding why they can't send the pictures they have been requested to send.

Anyway, I got a really useful response from Customer care today:

"Thank you providing images of the handset which outline the issues on your handset, we apologise that the handset was not returned to you in a repaired condition and that you are still having issues with your handset.

What we need to do in this situation would be arranging a free of charge cosmetic repair on the device due to the damaged unit you have received back from our service location."

Why thanks Sony for offering me a 'Free of Charge Cosmetic Repair'. That is very kind. I have been without a handset for almost 1 month, you send me a tu rd of a phone with screen hanging off, camera button not working and a scratched back as a replacement for a phone in perfect condition with a fault. Now, free of charge, you wish to polish that tu rd for me! I don't think so! Oh and the battery on the replacement unit is hopeless compared to my original handset.

I have requested, for the second time, a new phone delivered at the same time as the uplift of the replacement handset. I have also requested an additional month on the warranty for the time I have been without a handset and a screen protector to teplace the one on my original handset.

I don't think that is an unreasonable request bearing in mind I have absolutely no confidence in getting a 'reconditioned' phone that actually works correctly without any existing damage....I thought you are supposed to get a repair or at least a like-for-like replacement rather than a phone falling apart.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 26 of 42
Message 26 of 42

I'm sorry to hear about this and that you still haven't recevied your phone back.

Could you please send me your details in a PM, and I will forward this.

Make a relevant topic and include the following.

Name:
Phone nr:
E-mail:
Operator:
Product:
IMEI nr:
Build number:

Work order number:

Adviser
Message 27 of 42
Message 27 of 42

Hi.

The thing is I do have a phone but it is a replacement to my handset that couldn't be repaired. However, the replacement is a total disgrace, it's the same model but screen is hanging off, there are scratches and the camera button does not work.

i have rejected the last offer from Sony and am looking for a new handset as have no confidence in repair centre supplying a reliable replacement handset.

Adviser
Message 28 of 42
Message 28 of 42

The latest...

On May 19th, I get a response from Customer Care offering a free cosmetic repair of the dodgy handset I have been provided. I respond to this as I have absolutley no confidence in the Sony Repair Centre. I then get a response on 21st May stating that the only way forward is for me to be without a handset for yet another 1 week + while they try and sort out this handset again. A new replacement is not on offer as "We would be unable to provide you with a replacement handset as this is not the process that we have in place."

Looks to me as I am going to have to give in on the new handset but on 21st May I requested that they send out one of their cosmetically repaired reconditioned units by courier and when it is delivered, the old handset is picked up. Lots of companies do this so shouldnt be an issue. Had to chase this yesterday and as of 31 May, I have had no response so I am left with a faulty handset that is not waterproof and the screen is getting looser and looser. How on earth am I to trust any handset I get from this clearly hopeless repair centre??? 

Adviser
Message 29 of 42
Message 29 of 42

Still no response......

Adviser
Message 30 of 42
Message 30 of 42

Well.....After a couple weeks email ping-pong, I have finally received a replacement phone in the same condition (if not better) to the one I sent in the first place AND it was sent out and the old one picked up at the same time so no time without a phone! Result!

To anyone who have had similarly bad service, persevere!!