account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

FM Radio died.

Adviser
Message 11 of 42
Message 11 of 42

Re: FM Radio died.

Went through the 'Repair' using Mac Bridge last night which just seems to re-install the ROM. As expected, this has not fixed anything so it is off to the repair shop with my phone, looking to be without it for at least a week.

Master
Message 12 of 42
Message 12 of 42

Sorry to hear about your experience. Hopefully you'll get back your phone soon and that all works as intended. 

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Adviser
Message 13 of 42
Message 13 of 42

So.....Got the phone back today. Check the paperwork. Software update.

Camera now working but, guess what, the FM Radio is still not working.

Do these guys actually read anything. Clearly stated on the work ticket the FM Radio was not working so they bung on a software update, don't test it properly (other than make a call) and fire it out to the customer.

So the customer who has handed over £400 for  phone has to send the phone back for them to probably botch things again. Meanwhile, I have to use a crappy old phone until they see fit to send it back.

How I wish I had stuck with HTC. Just checked the other day and I had almost 10 happy years with HTC without a problem.....THis will be my last Sony

Visitor
Message 14 of 42
Message 14 of 42

My FM suddently stops working, I have my phone less than 1 week . Do u know how I can fix this please?
Adviser
Message 15 of 42
Message 15 of 42

So. Phone returned first time and not repaired. In for a second time and get the following in a email:

"An additional component is required to complete the repair of your device and currently this component is not available at our UK repair centre. We have however ordered the part and expect this to be delivered over the next few days.".........

So it would seem to me, by the time I get my phone back, I will have had it for 3 months, 1 month of which it has been in repair and this is Customer Care?! I am without phone until I get this back, I don't have and shouldn't need a spare phone....Why, in a situation like this can't Sony provide a replacement (new or refurbished)???

I am away to find some more forums to highlight Sony's poor customer service. When does BBC Watchdog start again?!

Inhabitant
Message 16 of 42
Message 16 of 42

This story is far too familiar with companies. They have your money and unfortunately we are doing the testing for a product that has been released with major faults.

Master
Message 17 of 42
Message 17 of 42

Sorry to hear about your experience. Since warranty and repairs are handled locally I suggest that you raise this with your local Xperia support team for more information on which options you have: 

Please follow the link below to find the contact information for your local Xperia care team: 

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 18 of 42
Message 18 of 42

Tried that and that was a complete waste of my time.

I knew more about the status of the repair than the Sony representative did.

I cannot comprehend the complete and total lack of Customer Care I have received from Sony and will be using the many means open to me to slate both the obvious lack of product quality and the total lack of ability in the service centre.

Buy an Apple iPhone and you get a replacement while in warranty so the customer is not inconvenienced. Buy a Sony and you are likely to have a long drawn-out experience where the engineers are unable to read and act on a simple fault description and when they finally understand the issue, they don't have the parts in stock for a new model of phone, meanwhile the customer is left with no phone for weeks on end.

Adviser
Message 19 of 42
Message 19 of 42

So.....

I got an email this morning as follows:

"Our engineers have attempted to repair your handset under the terms and conditions of the Sony Limited Warranty. The fault on your handset, although covered by warranty, was not repairable so we have provided a like for like exchange unit in line with the terms and conditions of the Sony Limited Warranty. This exchange handset has been fully tested and despatched"

I will be inspecting this phone very closely as the phone I sent Sony was immaculate and without any marks.

I wonder if I will get a screen protector to replace the one that was applied to the handset I sent in for repair.

Why Sony don't do this as a matter of course totally defeats me. By the time I get this handset, I will have been without it for 3 weeks in total (for both 'repair' attempts).

Learner
Message 20 of 42
Message 20 of 42

Even for me, the reception of FM radio is really really bad . I forced the app to change the region, a little improvement i get. But really the FM radio is bad ..