account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Extract contacts from sony experia Z1 compact back up file

One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Extract contacts from sony experia Z1 compact back up file

How can I extract my contacts from a Sony Experia backup file. The backup were created with Experia Companion v1.7.2.0.

The backups have no file extension its just "fullbackupdata"

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Extract contacts from sony experia Z1 compact back up file

Hi @keniajin,

Welcome to the community,

Xperia Companion uses a very different structure to back up content, you will notice that the contents and files all seem to have a very strange string of numbers/letters.

These backups are not intended to be extracted and used on a PC they are purely used to restore content onto Sony Mobile devices.

In this case, I cannot advise how you would achieve such a task.

I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.