account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Dust dust dust ....

SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Dust dust dust ....

I now have the Z1 Compact for 2 weeks.

I am very positive about it so far but one thing is very annoying: the display cover attracts dust much more than my previous phone, the Xperia P.

Is the cover made of glass??  Or is it a kind of plastic which gets static charged?

Bernd

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Re: Dust dust dust ....

It seems yes,it can only be removed at a sony centre to put another one.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

3 REPLIES 3
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

It is glass but just like your other phone it will have an ASF Anti shatter film installed - It is this that may be what you speak of

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Highlighted
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Thinking Face Probably ....

Is it necessary to keep this cover film on the glass panel?

Will warranty be void if removed?

Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

It seems yes,it can only be removed at a sony centre to put another one.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.