account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Cost for battery replacement

Talent
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Cost for battery replacement

Sony Support will not give me a cost for a battery replacement. Not even a ball park figure. is anybody who has had this done in the UK able to give me an idea of the cost?

Sony expect customers to just send their phones in without any idea of the cost. If you dont like the cost and just want the phone back they then want £21.80 to do that (they seem to know that price!). This is not the way for companies to behave. They should have a price list for standard types of repairs so customers can make a judgement as to whether they want to spend the money or not.

6 REPLIES 6
Emperor
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Cost for battery replacement

@Ian1234

The reason they are not giving you the price its simple, they need to know what else its wrong with your phone, its not just the battery but they have to replace the seal on the back panel, etc. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

I agree with the poster. Why can't the service centre give an estimate, including parts and labour, of a battery replacement if nothing is wrong with the phone?

I would suggest you try to talk to the service centre again. 

Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

@FrontierGate@Ian1234

Just for your information, perhaps that is why:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z-ZL-ZR/Local-support-unable-to-provide-price-for-repair/m-p/1...

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Talent
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

@FrontierGate

Thank you for agreeing.  The moderators want to make me out to be unreasonable for asking.  I really don't see it as a big ask.  I can't see why Sony think it is OK for people not to have an idea of cost. If they did not charge to return the phones if a customer thinks the cost is too high I would not have a problem. Most places will give free estimates. Sony is basically charging £21.80 to provide a quote if you do not agree to proceed.

Just my view moderators.

Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Here is your answer:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z1-Compact/Sony-Z1-Compact-battery-drop/m-p/1096667#M19944

But unless you send the device in, you can't be sure that's the price you'll also be charged with. So no need for another thread.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Talent
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Sony Reapir Service in UK is shocking

Sent my Z1 Compact to Sony with the dreaded "battery drop" issue.

Response from third part repair centre was, I quote:

Mechanical repair

Your device has faulty mechanical parts. To solve the problem, we must repair or replace the faulty parts.

12.00 GBP

Shipping and Administration

12.31 GBP

Labour fee

24.17 GBP

TOTAL

48.48 GBP

What mechanical faulty parts? The phone was almost like out of the box. No switch or port cover issues, etc. I can't believe they expect people just to pay up with that sort of fault description - particularly when I described the faults as electrical. Also the phone is still in warranty as clearly identified on the My Support site.

Nobody is able to provide me with any further information as waiting for reply from the third party repairer who seem in no hurry to respond.

I wonder if I am the only unlucky customer to get treated in this way?

Nothing to do but wait and wait and wait....