account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Bluetooth volume too loud, volume step 1 is silent

Apprentice
Message 21 of 27
Message 21 of 27

Re: Bluetooth volume too loud, volume step 1 is silent

Thanks Lasse

This helped me too!

But realy shameful Sony can not solve this problem inhouse...

Cheers

David

One time poster
Message 22 of 27
Message 22 of 27

Thanks Lasse, your trick with the volume app also solved the problem on my Xperia Z5C after the update to Android 7. Bluetooth audio was unusable on some of my devices after the update, same issue, volume extremely high even at the lowest setting above zero.
The app seems to reset some internal setting. The volume adjustment remains ok even after uninstalling the app again.

Now I'll try whether the trick also works for my tablet Z4 which has been unusable for listening music for a month now after its latest update, too.
One time poster
Message 23 of 27
Message 23 of 27

Using a jbl flip 2 as well, best solution for me without a 3rd party volume control app was to use Google assistant to finely adjust the volume eg. "OK Google" "set media volume to 23 percent" as mentioned on a the comment I've linked to by "juts" on this reddit thread: reddit comment

One time poster
Message 24 of 27
Message 24 of 27

Guys i also had this problem for many years and as i just buyed an Jbl Charg speaker this was really getting on my nerve so i decided to check it up. Luckily the problem can easily be solved as you enter the settings on your Sony phone, go down to "about phone" and the click on the last "version" field about 5 times, This should unlock the "Developer mode". Once this is done go back one step to the "About phone" and look for the newly "Development alternative"-mode, enter this and go down to the "Deactivate-Absolute volume" alternative and click it. Tadaa!

Your device will no longer interact directly with the speaker volume as you now can make changes both on your phone and on your speaker without the insane volume steps that always accured before.

Hope this will help as im really glad i found the solution in another forum just a couple of minutes ago and became really happy when i turned out to be this simple.

One time poster
Message 25 of 27
Message 25 of 27

Great tip!

This worked partially for me, the volumne slider on the phone is still overly senstive.

However using the headphone volume control is better, interestingly it still changes the volume slider on the phone.

One time poster
Message 26 of 27
Message 26 of 27

@Amanite wrote:

... go down to "about phone" and the click on the last "version" field about 5 times, This should unlock the "Developer mode". Once this is done go back one step to the "About phone" and look for the newly "Development alternative"-mode, enter this and go down to the "Deactivate-Absolute volume" alternative and click it. Tadaa!

Brilliant, this resolved the too loud volume problem on my Xperia & JBL headphone too! 

One time poster
Message 27 of 27
Message 27 of 27

That worked fo me too.

Thx!

Sony XZ1 with Philips SHB5850 headset