account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Bluetooth volume too loud, volume step 1 is silent

One time poster
Message 1 of 27
Message 1 of 27

Bluetooth volume too loud, volume step 1 is silent

When connecting a Sony SBH-20 Bluetooth Headset to my Z1 Compact there is no sound when Bluetooth voume is set to 1. I need to raise it to 2 for the sound to be output and then it is too loud for me when listening to music. 

SW version in mobile is 1.4.4.A.0.108

I have also tried with a Jabra Play BT headset with same result.

Update: Now I have tried with a Sony SBH80 and then it works ! Step 1 on the volume does output sound and on a reasonable level when playing music.

For the SBH20 and Jabra Play the problem persists, but to be clear the in-call volume works fine on all steps, it is the Media/Music volume that is silent on step 1. It also seams that step 10 does not give any increase for Media on these two headsets. SW error ?

26 REPLIES 26
One time poster
Message 2 of 27
Message 2 of 27

Re: Bluetooth volume too loud, volume step 1is silent

Same problem here. The lowest setting you hear something with is already too loud.

One time poster
Message 3 of 27
Message 3 of 27

Re: Bluetooth volume too loud, volume step 1 is silent

Same problem here with UE Boom mini
Apprentice
Message 4 of 27
Message 4 of 27

I have this problem too.. and it also seems like only half of the steps are actually changing the volume.. (need to go two steps up to actually increase the volume to the next level)

Would be great if this could be fixed in an update or somthing like that.. Maybe Lollipop? What's the status?

Another suggestion: Increase the number of volume-steps so that one step doesn't "double the volume" (this goes for both native audio and BT)..

Apprentice
Message 5 of 27
Message 5 of 27

Hi there

Same probleme with my xperia z tablet and ue mini boom!

Any updates here?

(with samsung galaxy s3 no problem with this!)

Highlighted
Message 6 of 27
Message 6 of 27

Can you please disable ClearAudio+ in Sound Effects and test it again?

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Message 7 of 27
Message 7 of 27

I know also this is quite a basic suggestion, but did you try removing your bluetooth headsets/speakers from paired devices list and then pair them again?

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Apprentice
Message 8 of 27
Message 8 of 27

Hi Quester

As I have a Xperia Z Tablet, I only have Clear Phase in my Sound Settings!

I disabled it... No change in behavior...

The removing and pairing again in Bluetooth I already tried... Same problem...

Thanks

David

Apprentice
Message 9 of 27
Message 9 of 27

I've tested all settings and tried pretty much everything. It's just bad integration when it comes to audio on andriod phones.

The thing that disturbs me most is that the lowest volume level actually is too loud for me..

Apprentice
Message 10 of 27
Message 10 of 27

Hi JonJ

It's not the android phones... Its a problem with sony xperia!

My Samsung Galaxy S3 works great with bluetooth and volume!

And the same with me! The lowest level is too loud for me too...