account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Battery level drops from about 50% to 0%

Rookie
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Battery level drops from about 50% to 0%

It started in October of last year. When it started, it only dropped from 30% to 0%. The problem has risen to 50% to 0%. I think if it drops from an even larger battery percentage, I will buy a phone from another company that doesnt have this problem.

5 REPLIES 5
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Battery level drops from about 50% to 0%

Hi @LolzG11, sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

It does sound like the battery is defect in your device, but there is a few things you can try and do, just to make sure that this is the case.

When the device is starting to reach 50% battery, restart it in safe mode and see if you experience the same drop in battery percentage when downloaded applications are not started.

Should there be no change in here, try performing a software repair using Xperia Companion. This will reinstall the latest available software and will tell us if this is caused by the software or not.

Do note that when you perform the software repair, all data stored on the device will be deleted, so it's important that you create a backup using the same program.

Let me know how it goes!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Rookie
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

I have read that the problem is in the software.

Rookie
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

I tried doing the software repair, it failed and now my phone doesnt work at all...

It still dropped from 50% to 0% even in safe mode...

OOF.

Rookie
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

YESSS gor my phone to work again idk if the problem is still there but atl it works

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Hi @LolzG11, I'm glad to hear that you were able to get the device running again!

Do you still experience the same behaviour after performing the software repair, or has that been solved?

Feel free to keep me updated! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.