account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Answered call goes straight to loudspeaker

SOLVED
Message 21 of 60
Message 21 of 60

Re: Answered call goes straight to loudspeaker

It is from the update,but it is not Sony to blame.Android is released by Google,as you know.Other brands complaing about many issues on 4.3.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 22 of 60
Message 22 of 60

I had the same problem (that an incoming call's sound was put through both the ear speaker AND the external speaker) BEFORE the latest updates of Google Chrome. But AFTER all updates to Chrome was installed, I have NEVER had any incoming call through the external loudspeaker! All new incoming calls are only heard on the ear speaker, and NOT through the external speaker on my Sony Xperia Z1 Compact. I have done about a hundreds of incoming test calls, with the latest updates of Google Chrome, without ANY problems with calls both heard on both the internal (ear) speaker and the external speaker. You should be VERY careful when you suggest that users of any Sony mobile telephone should NOT update to the latest version of Google Chrome (or other software), since that may make these Sony mobile telephones MORE vulnerable to malicous attacks!

One time poster
Message 23 of 60
Message 23 of 60

I can confirm that the Chrome update definitely causes the problem on Xperia Z1.  If I enable Chrome and then it does the "auto update thing", calls immediately go to speaker. Once Chrome is disabled, all works normally again.  The only good thing about this bug has been that now I've discovered Dolphin web browser!

Learner
Message 24 of 60
Message 24 of 60

Hello all,

Just to confirm - I did as a previous contributor mentioned and uninstalled chrome updates, and turned off automatic updates for this application. The error has now gone and I haven't had any instances of this occuring since Friday.

I disagree with the comment of this being an andriod issue - I had a nexus 4 running on 4.3 stock and it didn't have this issue. It must be something dodgy going on with the Sony software.

Cheers,

One time poster
Message 25 of 60
Message 25 of 60

I 've deleted the updates,and still has the issue. Should i delete the whole application too?!
It's really annoying and ridiculous that i can not use my phone for normal calls. I had several android phones,but this amateur attitude is really crossed the line... I have almost the most expensive phone,but i can not make a simple call without an instant heart attack.
Message 26 of 60
Message 26 of 60

Disable the app in settings-apps-all.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Commissioner
Message 27 of 60
Message 27 of 60

I´m sorry but i have to say that the issue is still there after uninstall all the chrome updates, freeze the app and restart. Recieved a call a few minutes ago straight to loudspeaker...

Greetings,

SirRobin
Message 28 of 60
Message 28 of 60

Very strange,Sir Robin.For others it seems to work.But do not worry,Johan passed this internally.

Apprentice
Message 29 of 60
Message 29 of 60

@SirRobin wrote:

I´m sorry but i have to say that the issue is still there after uninstall all the chrome updates, freeze the app and restart. Recieved a call a few minutes ago straight to loudspeaker...

Have you wiped the cache from the phone app? Maybe this works... I've deinstalled the updates, cleared the cache from the phone app and than restarted the phone. Since than, no call was an the loudspeaker.

Rookie
Message 30 of 60
Message 30 of 60

I also have this problem with the loudspeaker