account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Android 5 has ruined my phone

SOLVED
Learner
Message 31 of 70
Message 31 of 70

Re: Android 5 has ruined my phone

Update on my issue with battery drain.

I discovered after the recent update of Android my Hotmail notification was set to push and when in the settings page I could see it update every second, so I have adjusted this to update every thirty mins. At 7pm tonight my battery is at 74% result back to normal and a simple fix.

Hope this helps
Message 32 of 70
Message 32 of 70

I'm having the same issues as described here - phone shuts down despite reporting plenty of battery left. It then won't turn back on due to no battery but, after a couple of minutes on charge, turns back on reporting the original battery levels... Started happening after lollipop upgrade and hasn't been fixed in 270. Very unhappy about it, and very disappointed that no one from Sony has picked this thread up. Even if using PCC will fix it (which many report doesn't work) I don't want to have to flash my phone!
Message 33 of 70
Message 33 of 70

Here's a screen shot of the problem. See how it dropped from 50% charge to zero with just enough time to display the 'battery low, shutting down message'? Within seconds a charger was plugged in and I turned it on to find 14% battery, which is neither the 50% it had when it died nor the 0% that would legitimately make it shut down. It seems to be making it up as it goes along! 

Interestingly it seems to think that my mail app (K9) has used 49% of the battery since the last charge, which is just crazy! Perhaps there's something going wrong within the OS's email service to cause these issues?? Sony? 

Screenshot_2015-06-04-14-25-04.png

One time poster
Message 34 of 70
Message 34 of 70

I solved my battery drain issues, although I did not have the 'sudden drop' issue, just less juice than on KitKat. I noticed that  Wifi was always on, even when  I switched my WiFi off  over night. So WiFi drained my battery slowly even as it was turned off. On top of that I had stamina mode on so it should not have been on all the time. (you can see it on the screenshot)

I reported this on xda and found out that there's an option switched on that makes your WiFi work constantly -  even when 'switched off'. I turned that off and battery life improved massively!
Go to Settings / Wi-Fi / Advanced / and switch 'Scanning always available' off. I solved my battery issues that way.

Screenshot_2015-06-04-06-11-26.png 

Regular
Message 35 of 70
Message 35 of 70

@SalsaleroDominguez wrote:

I solved my battery drain issues, although I did not have the 'sudden drop' issue, just less juice than on KitKat. I noticed that  Wifi was always on, even when  I switched my WiFi off  over night. So WiFi drained my battery slowly even as it was turned off. On top of that I had stamina mode on so it should not have been on all the time. (you can see it on the screenshot)

I reported this on xda and found out that there's an option switched on that makes your WiFi work constantly -  even when 'switched off'. I turned that off and battery life improved massively!
Go to Settings / Wi-Fi / Advanced / and switch 'Scanning always available' off. I solved my battery issues that way.

That setting was already turned off for me

Message 36 of 70
Message 36 of 70

Re: Z1 Compact Battery Software Malfunction Since Lollipop

How do I reinstall using the Sony Bridge for Mac Software? 

Learner
Message 37 of 70
Message 37 of 70

Re: Z1 Compact Battery Software Malfunction Since Lollipop

UPDATE!!!!

I now have a working Lollipop powered Z1C!!

It seems that numerous factory-resets (7) did the trick for me! But in between the resets I tried to force the phones battery reading closer to 0% in steps like this!

When it abruptly shut down at 50% I plugged it in the charger, for a few minutes, started it up againg (55%) and then it suddenly started going further down in batteryreading before shutdown! First at around 40%, did the same again and it didn´t shutdown, still witout a notice, before it was at 25%! All over again and now I managed to get the 15% low battery warning! Eventually it managed to "not" shutdown before it had reached 0% battery reading, and voila, at last a working Z1C Lollipop Slightly smiling Face

Apart from the obvious Z1C Lollipop battery bug, i have noticed the following! Suddenly a new menu-entry showed up in  settings "Xperia Connectivity", just below "Data usage", and at a later factory reset, yet another menu-item called "Tap & pay" just below the new "Users" menu-item suddenly showed up!

Now my battery is working, and working really good, slightly better than with KitKat, I just hope that I have all the menu-items, because now I have had enough, of all that resetting!

I hope this entry will help some of you guys, struggling with the battery-issue!!

Cheers

Gert

Denmark

PS: Sony, I´m still disappointed with you!!!!!

One time poster
Message 38 of 70
Message 38 of 70

battery sudnly dies after lolipop update

after the lolipop update mu batarry works fine till 40-50% then drops to dead.

what to do?! the battrys health is good when checkted

Screenshot_2015-05-30-18-35-39.png

Highlighted
Regular
Message 39 of 70
Message 39 of 70

Re: battery sudnly dies after lolipop update

Could you go to Settings > Wi-Fi > Menu button (top right corner) > Advanced > If "Scanning always available" is enabled, disable it and charge the phone to 100% again to see if same behaviour appear.

It does work in my case, but the phone is still warm or rather wormer than with kitKat. Besides I use autodiscover alot when switching between LTE to wifi when I'm at home, doing it manually is silly. I'm back to kitkat, screw it, I'm tired of being a lab rat for sony.

One time poster
Message 40 of 70
Message 40 of 70

Battery problem

After the new software upgrade the phone battery has some problems. Last night battery passed from 17% to 1% and then it switched off. Could anybody help me?