account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

z5 compact touchscreen acting weird

SOLVED
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 301 of 365
Message 301 of 365

Re: z5 compact touchscreen acting weird

Having an issue with the top half inch of my screen. None of the apps or my notification drop menu don't respond. If I open something the same issue happens and can't use it.
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 302 of 365
Message 302 of 365

This was solved last year after a long time...

And now its back again with the Marshmallow (6.0) Update... Slightly frowning Face

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 303 of 365
Message 303 of 365

It is back for me as well after I updated to Android 6. Sony please get at it asap!
Enthusiast
Message 304 of 365
Message 304 of 365

Hi, 

i have/had this issues also in android 6.0. Today i did software repair with pc companion and try couple of times to re-create issue without "success"

usually it is quite easy to re-create issue but so far im good

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 305 of 365
Message 305 of 365

Yes the same issue is back. PLEASE SONY, don't let us wait as long as last year for a fix for this...

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 306 of 365
Message 306 of 365

So tired of my z5c... same touch issue all over again... will it take months for them to fix it this time?

Never a sony phone again!

Highlighted
Learner
Message 307 of 365
Message 307 of 365

never had the issue before, but after 6.0 update I am now experienceing this too

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 308 of 365
Message 308 of 365

I'm very sorry to hear that some of you are seeing this again with the 6.0 update.

I have forwarded it internally and i will let you know as soon as i know more.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 309 of 365
Message 309 of 365

Even without the update of Marshmallow, I experience this issue on my z5c black.

Only a small part of the screen is unsuable. Easy to see with a drawing apps. see below...

2016-03-16.pnghttp://imgur.com/w3xBxuP

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 310 of 365
Message 310 of 365

Has anyone noticed that the touchscreen feels much more sensitive after updating to Marshmallow? I used to be unable to use the phone if I put it on the surface of bed or such and all the icons and navigation bar used to require much more pressing force to function. That was after the touch screen issue was fixed with a firmware update. I quess the screen now feels just like it is supposed to. Maybe the fix for the issue was to significantly lower the sensitivity of the touch screen?

I hope that no suchs measurements take place this time, I really like this "feelks like it should" -version of Z5C Slightly smiling Face