account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

z5 compact touchscreen acting weird

SOLVED
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 111 of 365
Message 111 of 365

Re: z5 compact touchscreen acting weird

disabled AR effect + uninstalled facebook (did not uninstall spotify). No problems anymore so far (but only 5-10 min light usage now). Seems very promising as I don't need that AR effect for anything.. 

I'll try to reinstall facebook and see what happens..

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 112 of 365
Message 112 of 365

I'm sorry but i have a BRAND NEW phone and i won't to disable/uninstall something or to get involved with any temporary solution like this. I want a official statement from Sony and a right instruction, and fast. I want to know, is it a hardware or a software issue, because if it is a software issue, i'm waiting for a update, if not, i'm going to bring back the phone and to get a black one.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 113 of 365
Message 113 of 365

I had a white phone too and it was practically unusable as the screen went all unresponsive and only a reboot could revive it again. I took it to service, they declared it faulty, I sent it back to the seller and went to another store and got a new one. I risked it by taking a white one again, but no problems at all so far!! Both phones were "1298-2037 rev 2" and bought in Finland.

Don't settle with a faulty phone! With this price range the phone has to work without any extra tricks and work around the problem. It is strange that Sony is not saying anything as it puts us users as well as the sellers in a very awkward position.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 114 of 365
Message 114 of 365

I uninstalled Xperia Privilege, Disabled AR effect. Rebooted the phone. I still have facebook and spotify installed. And i began to install instagram, messenger and pintrest all at the same time and the touch screen froze again. So that didnt work for me.

Enthusiast
Message 115 of 365
Message 115 of 365

I have my doubt that this would work, but going to give it a try Slightly smiling Face

ps. Facebook uninstalled, ar disabled and phone rebooted

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 116 of 365
Message 116 of 365

it dosent work i tried .. it happens again after some time

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 117 of 365
Message 117 of 365

Has anybody tried calling Sony support directly?? I did the other day and left my number so they'd call when a Danish supporter was available but haven't heard anything lol might try call them tomorrow and just say Yes to talk to an English speaking supporter lol
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 118 of 365
Message 118 of 365

Refering to my previous post (message 107)), after playing youtube videos for 20 minutes, the back/home keys became inactive. Seems problem still persists.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 119 of 365
Message 119 of 365

getting same problem with z5c bough in Poland at Sony Center. Not having this issue when using it as a phone.

SI 129901433 Rev 1

After running Antutu problem appears - look like temperature causing it

I am going to return the unit tomorrow

UPDATE: Run Antutu twice again and cannot recreate same problem, after recording some 4k video - cannot recreate that problem either

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 120 of 365
Message 120 of 365

Yep, it didnt work, sad. Now we just need Sony to do something about it