account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

xperia z1 wifi issue

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 31 of 103
Message 31 of 103

Re: xperia z1 wifi issue

I just dumped the Note2 to get myself a Z1. The Note2 gave me too much issues that I gave up after 6 months of usage after switching from Iphone 4S.

Less than a week old, I would say I am very impressed with the phone in almost every aspect and I am glad that I did not get the iphone 5S instead.

Until I decided to connect to my home wifi, my very first negative experience starts.

The message says LIMITED CONNECTIVITY but every single laptops, smartphones (including my Note2), ipads, etc have no issues at all.

I have read through the above replies and tried almost everything that I could think of, it finally got connected but LIMITED CONNECTIVITY is what I get. 

What could be my problem?

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 32 of 103
Message 32 of 103

Wifi is very weak. I've tried everything said in this forum and a few others. Channel of my router is OK. Even low end devices pick up wifi much better than Z1. Update also didn't help.
Highlighted
Message 33 of 103
Message 33 of 103

Hi CS,

Upgraded firmaware to latest version 259. But still having problem with the Wifi and MobileData.

Symptom: Home signal is very good (in front of the router), Note 2 & my laptop connected without any problem.

Z1 can show up Wifi is coonected. Need to restart the phone only get connected to Wifi.

Same happen to MobileData, time to time phone can't get connected with data, have to restart the phone.

Please help to look into this problem as I just get the phone less than a week.

Highlighted
Message 34 of 103
Message 34 of 103

Sorry, typo...firmaware is 257.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 35 of 103
Message 35 of 103

Im alsobhaving wifi problems... Is this a software or hardware problem, im having problem uploading pictures on both instagram and fb...:-(
Highlighted
Message 36 of 103
Message 36 of 103

2 issues:

Wifi not connecting

Phone gets 'blazing hot' while surfing on Wifi

Any suggestions? Battery also seems to suffer because of this... so does the camera, when it is 'hot'

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 37 of 103
Message 37 of 103

VERY VERY POOR WI-FI SIGNAL . . .  .PLEASE SONY FIX IT

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 38 of 103
Message 38 of 103

@Rickard wrote:

The issue i mentioned was only related to channel 12-14. If you can't connect on channel 11 there's some other problem.

Have you tried the suggestions here: http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/Wi-Fi-problems/m-p/348104?

Your phone is Wi-Fi® certified, so if the router isn’t, the devices may not communicate properly.

Have been trying to find the wifi cert for the Z1 from the wifi alliance website  and i cannot find any entry for it ?

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 39 of 103
Message 39 of 103

I'm having the same limited connectivity issue just started last week!!
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 40 of 103
Message 40 of 103

The 257 release very very slightly improved things but still beyond poor.