account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

xperia z1, where is sound mute function?

SOLVED
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

xperia z1, where is sound mute function?

After the latest system updating, the sound mute shortcut function on the top left notification screen has vanished. I can't even find it at the sound setting. Its so inconvenience. Please help.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: xperia z1, where is sound mute function?

This has been asked already in the other threads (Z2,Z3 etc). Just press volume button (up or down) to change sound schemes.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

This has been asked already in the other threads (Z2,Z3 etc). Just press volume button (up or down) to change sound schemes.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Please advise me how to activate vibration in silent mode.

Many Thanks.

@alexdon wrote:

Inhabitant
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Re: SEE SCREENSHOT

@THURAZAW wrote:

Please advise me how to activate vibration in silent mode.

Many Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey THURAZAW,

Press any volume button and the volume slider will pop up.

Press the BELL icon and the Vibrate mode will turn on. (a small vibration will confirm your input)

See the screenshot:-

(please press Kudos if I helped)

Screenshot_2015-04-22-12-11-34.png

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Re: SEE SCREENSHOT

Hi Muski,

Thank you very much for the solution and it works. Right now, I am facing serious problem with Walkman app after the update. In the Kitkat, this app works perfectly. But when I updated to lollipop, bass sound has disappeared while listening to the music. Adjusting equalizer doesn't work anymore and I have to restart the phone to get normal but everytime I listen to the music, that error occurs again and again. But I found that Movie app and FM Radio app are working normally.

Thank you very much and looking forward to your reply.