account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

voice is transferred with interruptions

SOLVED
Regular
Message 1 of 22
Message 1 of 22

voice is transferred with interruptions

after updated to fw 14.5.A.0.270 i'm experiencing problems with voice calls: during regular voice calls when the phone is connected to GSM network my voice is transfered with interruptions, while same time i hear my interlocutor absolutly clear. this problem only happens at GSM network, during regular call, with builtin microphone (regardless if 'microphone noise suppression' is on or off).

i do not experience such problems when on 3G (WCDMA), voip (whatsup, viber, hangouts, SIP), exretnal headset like.

in view that phone works fine all conditions (except regular call on 2g network) this does not look like hardware problem, moreover it seems like it appeared after i updated to 14.5.A.0.270

is there a solution for above?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Message 2 of 22
Message 2 of 22

Re: voice is transferred with interruptions

Have you searched the forum for similar lollipop issues but on other devices?

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z1-Z1s/Microphone-Problem-only-in-Regular-Calls-Lolipop-5-0-2/...

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Software-Updates/Voice-breaking-during-the-call/m-p/991966#M23181

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Message 2 of 22
Message 2 of 22

Have you searched the forum for similar lollipop issues but on other devices?

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z1-Z1s/Microphone-Problem-only-in-Regular-Calls-Lolipop-5-0-2/...

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Software-Updates/Voice-breaking-during-the-call/m-p/991966#M23181

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Regular
Message 3 of 22
Message 3 of 22

thanks. indeed, repairing firmware with PC Companion helped

Highlighted
Adept
Message 4 of 22
Message 4 of 22

I had the same issue after upgrading my Z1C to Lollipop.

In "GSM only" mode, people were reporting hearing my voice "distorted" and also "nearly inaudible".

The issue kind of dissappeared in "WCDMA only" mode.

I did some googling. The result was that I switched off "Microphone noise suppression" feature in "Call" sub-menu.

Problem solved. No "distortion" or "twisting" of my voice during a phone call.

They should have disabled this feature by default in Lollipop.

Highlighted
Regular
Message 5 of 22
Message 5 of 22

have repaired with pc companion, it helped for a day and then problem returned. any idea when new fw will be released?

disabling "Microphone noise suppression" and "Speaker voice enhancement" plus setting "equaliser" to "normal" seem to help.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 6 of 22
Message 6 of 22

I had the same problem... But after i repaired with PC companion the problem was gone... Please reply to my post USB OTG PROBLEM...
Highlighted
Learner
Message 7 of 22
Message 7 of 22

I'm gonna try the workarounds listed above but just so Sony knows, I have the same issue with my z1. Disappointing Sony.
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 8 of 22
Message 8 of 22

VOICE IS NOT CLEAR IN MY XPERIA Z1 COMPACT

hi, when in call my voice is not herd clearly to receiver full disturbance, voice with vibration in my xperia z1 compact. what is the problem i tried changing the sim, but same issue im facing, is it an hardware issue or any software updates required. please consider this as priory as it is affecting my daily process and revert me back with the solution.

thanks & regards,
sujtih

Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 9 of 22
Message 9 of 22

Re: VOICE IS NOT CLEAR IN MY XPERIA Z1 COMPACT

Have you or do you have microphone noise suppression enabled? Settings then Call settings then Microphone noise suppression

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 10 of 22
Message 10 of 22

Cannot connect to PC Companion to fix my phone

Help!!

Since the latest upgrade the microphone on my z1 compact is rubbish. I can hear people fine but they say i am incredibly broken up. I was advised instore that this is a problem with the upgrade and that i should restore if through PC Companion. The problem that I am having is that my computer will not connect to sony, it says there is a server error at their end...has anyone else encountered thsi and know what I can do...It is causing me lots of problems having a phone that i cant use as a phone!

Many thanks

Hannah