account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

updates

SOLVED
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

updates

where is uk unbranded 4.2.2. website says it's out but can't get my phone to updateNeutral FaceThinking Face

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Re: updates

for future reference use the search box

you have 2 options

1) wait, wait until the update its approved and released in your country/carrier

or

2) manually update your phone

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/software/phones/xperia-z/

Latest available software

You may already have the latest software, depending on the date of purchase. Software updates are released at different times depending on operator and/or country. Therefore, we cannot give you an exact date for when a specific update will be available for your device.

Android version: Google Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)

Latest available software: 10.3.A.0.423

Release started: 2013-06-24

To find your device’s current software version:
Settings > About phone > Build number / version

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Visitor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Try this thread

Highlighted
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

if it says 4.2.2 is out for UK unbranded give it a few hours for either Sony PC Companion or Update center to detect it Slightly smiling Face when update just rolled out to 3 SE in sweden it took me like 1 hour untill Sony PC Companion to detect it, so when i checked after 1 hour then a pop up box came saying 10.3.A.0.423 update available Slightly smiling Face

Just checked is your phone the Generic UK? if so i can still see it's on

10.1.A.1.434

still :/

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

for future reference use the search box

you have 2 options

1) wait, wait until the update its approved and released in your country/carrier

or

2) manually update your phone

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/software/phones/xperia-z/

Latest available software

You may already have the latest software, depending on the date of purchase. Software updates are released at different times depending on operator and/or country. Therefore, we cannot give you an exact date for when a specific update will be available for your device.

Android version: Google Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)

Latest available software: 10.3.A.0.423

Release started: 2013-06-24

To find your device’s current software version:
Settings > About phone > Build number / version

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

unbranded UK phones havent got update yet since they are still on firmware

10.1.A.1.434

which this site here is telling me

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2315914

it says United Kingdom          Generic UK                  1270-7689  10.1.A.1.434

you can get real status at http://scavenger.ch/sonyupdate

find your phone customization version by doing the following

Your customization number can be found in your service menu (dial *#*#7378423#*#* > 'Service info' > 'Software info' > 'Customization Version').

then use it on second link select your phone model and press the refresh button then you should get real status on which firmware it's on Slightly smiling Face