account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

no unlock attempts remaining

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

no unlock attempts remaining

Hi there Sony.

I have recently brought a lovely condition z1 from eBay, it was advertised as unlocked but when I got it it was locked to orange mobile (now EE). I contacted EE and they have sent me the unlock code but upon checking I have 0 sim unlock attempts left. I contacted your global support and have been told you don't do support for the z1 any more and that you cannot reset the attempts as it requires software to be flashed? Surely there is a way the sim unlock attempts can be reset? I am on contract with 3 mobile and have just paid good money for this phone so I really need it, thanks in advance for any help

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: no unlock attempts remaining

Hi @Lewis70, welcome to our forum!

According to the information that I have available, the Xperia Z1 has not reached end of support. Did you receive this information from your Local support team?

To have the attempts reset, the device will need to be sent to an authorized service centre and your Local support team will assist you further with this, or if the service to send in your device directly through website is available in your market, you can book a repair order there.

I hope that helps!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Thank you very much for your help. I followed the steps as guided by EE network and sent you an email through support.sonymobile.com/gb/contactus i thought this would of been the case but i have two emails stating that they don't offer support for it any more which then would of left with with a phone locked to orange (don't even exist anymore).

I have the unlock code from EE which i also paid for and they stated it shouldn't be a problem with you guys at Sony to reset the unlock attempts.

I really appreciate your reply and im very glad i came on the forum now instead of giving up and i am ready to do whatever i need to next to get this sorted.

Kind Regards

Lewis West

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Hi again @Lewis70!

As I wrote in my previous post, to have the attempts reset, the device needs to be sent to an authorized service centre, as this is not something you can do on your own, even with the Windows/MacOS program that we have.

Were you able to book a repair using the website in my previous post? If you haven't done that, please try that and let me know how it went!

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Thanks @Jonas i do very much appreciate your help, i followed the link to contact support through your previous post and have provided them the details and the link to this forum post now awaiting reply Slightly smiling Face

Highlighted
Learner
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Hi @Jonas they have told me the same again, (copy and pasted):

Dear Lewis,

Thank you for contacting the Xperia support by Sony contact centre.

We are sorry to hear you are not satisfied with the network counter of your Xperia Z1.
Unfortunately, your handset has reached end of support. Given that at this time it would not be eligible for software update, software repair or repairs at our service centre.

We would like to extend our sincerest apologies for any trouble this may have caused you – we hope your experience with Xperia is smoother moving forward.

For the latest news, information and product support please visit www.sonymobile.com.

If you require any further assistance then please do not hesitate to contact us again. Please use the below link for all our contact information.

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/support/contact-us/

Please be aware that should you not respond within 5 days of this email your query will be automatically closed. Any further communications will not reach our support and a new query will need to be raised.

I have tried this email method twice now and have told me the same both times Slightly frowning Face

Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Hi again @Lewis70!

That is very odd and as I wrote earlier, it should not be end of support according to all the information that I have available.

Did you try creating a repair order? If you were able to create one, the device is not end of support as it should not be accepted by the system and the repair order should not be completed.

I'll try and get in touch with the Local support team that you have contacted.

Feel free to keep me posted!