account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

mxtp problem

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 9 of 52
Message 9 of 52

mxtp problem

my z3+ has been locked, i tried to sign in with the correct account but it always says incorrect username or password. i tried signing in my account in a computer and it succesfully logged in. and then i tried it again to my xperia and still incorrect username or password appear,. any help?

51 REPLIES 51
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 52
Message 1 of 52

Z3+ Dual E6533 deactivate MXTP

Hello, I am trying to deactivate MXTP on this phone. During the first setup I (foolishly) activated MXTP and subsequent factory resets gives me the MXTP bootloader screen. I don't want this to appear any more.

- phone says Xperia Protection is inactive

- HOWEVER myXperia website says this device is "protected"

- activated Xperia Protection on device, says "activated"

- deactivated Xperia Protection on device, using Google ID (I have 2 factor authentication, seems to work ok)

- myXperia website STILL says this device is "protected"

Tried deleting the device from the myXperia website, but that didn't do anything.

How do I deactivate the "protected" status on this phone? I am giving this phone to a relative and it would not be cool to have MXTP be linked to my Google account!

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 2 of 52
Message 2 of 52

Re: Z3+ Dual E6533 deactivate MXTP

@sah212

You might have to contact your local Xperia Care

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

http://www.xperiablog.net/2015/07/08/enabling-my-xperia-theft-protection-mxtp-will-break-unlocked-bo...

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 3 of 52
Message 3 of 52

@uliwooly that was what I was dreading. This phone is not officially released in my home country so it's actually a set from HK SAR, so I doubt if the local Xperia guys are going to help Slightly frowning Face

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 4 of 52
Message 4 of 52

@sah212

You could try to repair the phone with PCC but I doubt that will solve the issue. 

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 5 of 52
Message 5 of 52

@sah212

From what I have read, you would like to be able to reset the phone and not have the MXTP appear correct?

Try disabling any type of screen lock security you have setup and then do a factory reset. I believe as long as there isn't any screen lock security setup, the MXTP shouldn't appear.
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 6 of 52
Message 6 of 52

@rice_eater

Yes, managed to get it done - deactivated MXTP and now during factory resets no more MXTP PROTECTED screen. 

It's odd though that the my Xperia website still shows the phone as being "protected".

The key icon next to battery icon is also still there and the device says "device may be monitored" even with no Device Administrator enabled. 

Demigod
Message 7 of 52
Message 7 of 52

Hi,

Did you try to clear up your browsing history like cookies and cache?.

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 8 of 52
Message 8 of 52

Yes, even on browser that I've never used to log in to the my Xperia site, it still shows as "protected" and that little key icon is omnipresent. I've no VPN configured. 

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 10 of 52
Message 10 of 52

Re: mxtp problem

@xavinux

PCC won't work as it's locked at bootloader level