account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

charging/battery problem after lollipop update

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 2 of 78
Message 2 of 78

charging/battery problem after lollipop update

Hi! I have updated my z1 to lollipop two days ago, and i noticed the battery drains rapidly. i also had a problem charging it. Usually it takes 2hrs to full the battery but now its really not working, i tried using the dock and the usb but both doesnt work properly like it was before. I already tried pressing the power button and volume up and restart it but still the same. I can charge it when its turned off but it takes 6 hours and still not full. it stops at 83%, i never dropped the phone or even the chargers, i just have the basic apps so i think its only because of the update. i dont know what to do, i need some help. Thanks.
77 REPLIES 77
Highlighted
Message 1 of 78
Message 1 of 78

Re: Xperia z1 big bug offline charging (android 5 lollipop)

I too had the same issue regarding the charging the phone after lollipop update, it was charging via wall charger, and the USB cable and wall charger are all original Sony accessories.
My Xperia Z1 was not charging both in online and offline mode so next day I went to the service centre and today after 15 days I got my Xperia Z1 back and they told they changed the battery and mother board. And while writing this comment or complaint I m recording the screen and currently my phone is plugged to wall charger and instead of gaining charge it is loosing charge, really this happened with my Xperia Ion also. Really Sony you should stop making mobile.. Today got my phone back after and today only this problem started occuring again..
Highlighted
Genius
Message 3 of 78
Message 3 of 78

Re: charging/battery problem after lollipop update

Hi claire123, welcome to the community!

I advise running a software repair on your handset it is very likely that this will help. 

To do this, you will need to download PC Companion or Bridge for Mac

Backing up your handset using PC (the repair will delete all user data)

1. Go to Support to install PC Companion on a Windows computer.
2. When installed, start PC Companion on the computer.
3. Connect your phone to the computer using a USB cable. 
4. Click Start under Backup & Restore.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Backing up on Bridge for Mac

1. Under Manage Media there should be an option that says back up your Xperia device, click here and the rest of the instructions will be on-screen.

Running the software repair on PC Companion

1. Open PC Companion then select Support Zone.

2. Phone Software Update.

3. Start.

4. Repair Phone

5. Continue

6. Accept data removal

7. Next

8. Wait for prepare

9. Select Phone

10. Follow the connection steps

Running the software repair on a Mac

1. Click Xperia at the top of the screen

2. Click Repair my Xperia Device

3. Follow the rest of the on-screen instructions

Hope this helps! Keep us updated Slightly smiling Face

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 4 of 78
Message 4 of 78

Cant charge battery more than 90>%

Hello, I have a problem with my sony xperia z1. I love the phone, but have one issue. When my charge reaches around 90 between 97%, the phone stops charging and the cable gets disconnected and connected over and over again. Does like that till I plug it out from the phone. So I cant charge it to 100%. I have tried 3 different cables but the same issue. The problem get resolved when I keep the phone unlocked and using it. Then it charges without trouble. From 0-90% it charges without any issues at all but as soon it goes over that I get this issue. Anyone know any solution to this? Tried factory restoring it a few times but no help there. Any answer is appreciated, thanks Slightly smiling Face

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 5 of 78
Message 5 of 78

problem with charging the phone

hi everyone
i have an xperia Z1 and i upgrade it to Android 5.0 Lollipop yesterday
i have a big problem with charging the phone
three hours and still 1% and still power off ,, i cant access the phone
i need your help please

Highlighted
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 6 of 78
Message 6 of 78

Re: problem with charging the phone

Boot on safe mode and see if you can charge the phone

How to boot on safe mode.
http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 7 of 78
Message 7 of 78

the phone is off >>>> i cant open it to go to safe mod

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 8 of 78
Message 8 of 78

Connect your phone to a wall charger, press and hold power and volume up for 10 seconds, let it charge for two to three hours then repair it with PCC

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 9 of 78
Message 9 of 78

charging issue for my Sony Xperia Z1(C6902) after new update of 5.0

Right after the new update of Android 5.0 my device has faced a wider of issue with my charging of the device. Irony is my Sony original charger can charge my Samsung note 4 Edge in the matter of 4 hours or so but doesnt charge my Sony Xperia Z1(C6902) for upto 8 hours and my Samsung note 4 original charger can charge my Sony Xperia Z1 in matter of 3 to 4 hours.

Where does the issue lyes.Whom shd i contact . The service centre doesnt have a proper solution or either they directly ignore to give the solution for the products purchased online. I totally have some hopes on these online support forum from the people over here who can give me a proper solution regarding these issue. Please mail me if u have the solution. The only solution i right now have  is i have to switch off my phone and then keep it on charging mode for 3 hours to fully charge my phone with Sony Xperia Z1 charger.

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 10 of 78
Message 10 of 78

Re: charging issue for my Sony Xperia Z1(C6902) after new update of 5.0

@Dattatray

You might have to get a new Sony charger, but this should be addressed by your contact Xperia Care

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

assuming that you bought the phone through an official retailer if not then you will have to contact the seller 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)