account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

battery drains by com.sonyericsson.android.wakeup xperia z1 compact

SOLVED
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 121 of 125
Message 121 of 125

Re: battery drains by com.sonyericsson.android.wakeup xperia z1 compact

Hi team of xperia experts please I need some advise.

I just have a small problem on my z1 compact battery temperature sensor is not giving correct readings of the battery temperature as before its very low to the actual right now its 10.4 degrees Celsius when I'm using the phone and when not its 5 degrees Celsius

But ita not that actually code and freezing before I'm getting 18 degrees the lowest 28 degrees stand by and about 40 degrees when playing games.

Please email me at:

Thank you very much

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 122 of 125
Message 122 of 125

@Rickard wrote:

We have found the cause of this issue and it will be improved in the next software update for the phone. I don't have any information on when the update can be released but please see http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/software/phones/xperia-z1-compact/ and http://blogs.sonymobile.com/ for the latest information.

Don't forget the other phones. I have a similar issue with the Xperia M2. When I turn on the LTE (4G) the battery drops 2-3% (or even 5-6%) per hour. Withthe 3G i get 1.5-2% per hour. I just checked with GSAM battery monitor and the phone was wakelocking in the Data Dormancy. Ok, my LTE signal is crap, but so it is the 3G one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Check my theme collection for Xperia™ devices!
Visit my FaceBook Page
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 123 of 125
Message 123 of 125

My phone is charged,but it just turns off saying low battery and goes to 1% what can I do?
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 124 of 125
Message 124 of 125

You are not alone. My Z1C has done the same so much so Ive stopped relying on it and reverted to a much older phone. I've replaced the battery after 2 years and the phone behaves identically. Shuts down without warning.

Additionally (different problem very likely) restarts showing 'Android is starting' and then 'Optimizing xx of 183 apps' which takes about 15 minutes (if it doesn't shut down first). Not much use as a phone when you need to call a taxi at the airport after having phone switched off. Need to sit and wait before calling!. An unacceptable device.

Both these are known faults (or Sony characteristics I'm thinking) and instead of Sony publishing advice or a fix they let customers wallow from one forum to another trying to help each other ineffectually! (These faults are in other Android devices I'm reading, but as a Sony devotee I feel let down that there is no official help to make my expensive phone reliable). Indoors I have to have a landline still!

If you find a solution, please post it in unambiguous detail suitable for a non-technical user!

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 125 of 125
Message 125 of 125

Replying on "Additionally (different problem very likely) restarts showing 'Android is starting' and then 'Optimizing xx of 183 apps' which takes about 15 minutes (if it doesn't shut down first). "

It happened to me yesterday when I experienced the sudden capacity drop from 60%+ to 0%. Then I tried to turn on the moble phone but after a second or two of rebooting it turned off again. After putting it on a charger the "Optimizing xx of xxx apps" appeared.

I changed / replaced the battery (already a second one since I got the phone) and now I don't have sudden drops any more nor "Optimizing..." message again.