account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

battery drains by com.sonyericsson.android.wakeup xperia z1 compact

SOLVED
Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 125
Message 1 of 125

battery drains by com.sonyericsson.android.wakeup xperia z1 compact

Since yesterday my battery drains quicker than before. It seems like its "com.sonyericsson.android.wakeup"  doing this with 250 wakeups 30 min after I took the phone from charger. And I have not even used my phone during this time. Does someone recogniaze this problem and is it something you can do about it? Slightly frowning Face

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adept
Message 42 of 125
Message 42 of 125

Re: battery drains by com.sonyericsson.android.wakeup xperia z1 compact

Someone else has recommended that I force stop and clear cache and restart and that seemed to have worked

Thanks foryour suggestions

View solution in original post

124 REPLIES 124
Highlighted
Message 2 of 125
Message 2 of 125

Have you changed something in developer options?Do you have task killers or battery savers?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 3 of 125
Message 3 of 125

which accounts are you syncinc? how often? is your wifi on the whole time? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 4 of 125
Message 4 of 125

I have the same Problem

4414 wake ups

I have nothing changed in developer Settings. Auto Sync is on for 2 Exchange Acc; whatsapp; google, facebook but only 1Exchange Acc is push all other Service are only manuel sync

Are sure that this accounts are the Problem? For testing this i could do auto sync Off for a day. Than this service should not have 4414 wake ups

Highlighted
Message 5 of 125
Message 5 of 125

Any task killers?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 6 of 125
Message 6 of 125

com.sonyericsson.android.wakeup process with a lot of wakeups also on my out of the box device...

Greetings,

SirRobin
Highlighted
Message 7 of 125
Message 7 of 125

Strange,a lot of processes by default...

Highlighted
Learner
Message 8 of 125
Message 8 of 125

No changes in developer options, I use no task killers. I only sync a few accounts, like dropbox, facebook, twitter. Also use Viber, but when I force this "wakeup-process" to stop the drain goes down and everything on my device seems to work as it should. I dont know what make the process to start again but after I had my phone put to flightmode it went back on when I turned flightmode off, so I stopped it again. This "com.sonyericsson.android.wakeup" seems unnecessary, but it must have some kind of function?

Highlighted
Message 9 of 125
Message 9 of 125

It is not really unnecessary,I think it tells the phone when to wake up.

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 10 of 125
Message 10 of 125

hi, I have the same problem, all my friends which bought z1 compact have also this problem. carrier is a1 in austria. 6300 wakeups in 17 hours is too much! Google tells me that this is a know bug in older models (Z1, Xperia S, T, V ). I dont want to root my phone (then you can delete the wakeup apk), because this will void the warranty.

@Sony: Please fix this problem with the next update, with my Z1 everything was ok (same carrier)

All the best

Gregor