account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

battery drains by com.sonyericsson.android.wakeup xperia z1 compact

SOLVED
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 101 of 125
Message 101 of 125

Re: battery drains by com.sonyericsson.android.wakeup xperia z1 compact

Perhaps this is also related to missing operator settings. Probably FD is disabled to operators known to sony but enabled by default.

Maybe it would be useful to know what country/operators are experiencing this issue.

I myself use RO/Orange which does not support FD (as far as I know) and have not experienced this. Altho it is true that I'm moslty on LTE which I will try to disable for a while and see what happens.

Highlighted
Message 102 of 125
Message 102 of 125

I do have quite a time here and I have seen and learned stuff.I own Xperia P(I know,old model and boring for you).Slightly smiling Face

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Commissioner
Message 103 of 125
Message 103 of 125

XP was my previous model...

Highlighted
Message 104 of 125
Message 104 of 125

I know,I remember you from the P section,when I was a little rookie.Now,I am a rookie and a half.Face with stuck-out Tongue

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 105 of 125
Message 105 of 125

Why is this problem marked as solved? It clearly is not.

Please change the status back to unsolved so it gets the attention it deserves.

Highlighted
Message 106 of 125
Message 106 of 125

It still gets attention,but if the user which created the topic thinks it is solved,why should I change it?

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 107 of 125
Message 107 of 125

unnamed.jpg

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 108 of 125
Message 108 of 125

Ok, so I disabled 4G, turned wifi off and indeed, now I get o lot of wakeups but I think that usage reporting from the power management menu is wrong about the actual percentage because as you can see GSAM only reports it as being 0.6% of actual app usage.

And btw, Tapped Out doesn't even appear in the power management menu, so I tend to belive GSAM. This being said, I think the issue is only in reporting and not in actual usage. Maybe you guys can also compare.

14 - 1.jpg

Links:

Wakelock Detector - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.uzumapps.wakelockdetector

GSAM - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gsamlabs.bbm

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 109 of 125
Message 109 of 125

The reporting may be wrong but the battery drain is real. Let your phone in 3G in sleep mode over the night you'll be surprised to see how many % the battery lost.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 110 of 125
Message 110 of 125

13000 wakelocks

good to know that sony is seeing this and doing nothing.