account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

battery drains by com.sonyericsson.android.wakeup xperia z1 compact

SOLVED
Highlighted
Message 41 of 125
Message 41 of 125

Re: battery drains by com.sonyericsson.android.wakeup xperia z1 compact

Boot your phone in safe mode,see if the same drain occurs.Also,you might want to try a software repair via sony update service.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Adept
Message 42 of 125
Message 42 of 125

Someone else has recommended that I force stop and clear cache and restart and that seemed to have worked

Thanks foryour suggestions

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Message 43 of 125
Message 43 of 125

Ok,glad it worked.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 44 of 125
Message 44 of 125

How do do u do it? I don't see the force stop option for me. Also wonder how to restar
Highlighted
Demigod
Message 45 of 125
Message 45 of 125

@PhantomDance wrote:
How do do u do it? I don't see the force stop option for me. Also wonder how to restar

Hi there,

Settings > Apps > All > com.sonyericsson.android.wakeup > Clear data/catche > Force stop > Restart (press and hold "power button" and "volume up" at the same time about couple seconds - 1 vibrate).

There is nothing impossible to him who will try.  A. t. G. (356BC - 323BC)

Highlighted
Adept
Message 46 of 125
Message 46 of 125

I see new firmware released. Unfortunately it is not available in my country yet, so - anyone got it and tried? Any real improvements with battery life when on 3/4G?

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 47 of 125
Message 47 of 125

Generally this is an amazing phone. I do not know what to make about battery drain. I had low expectation because my last phone was crap. So relatively I am happy that I can get nearly two days on a charge. However I am mystified by the high usage of com.sonyericsson.android. I have location based Wifi turned on. I don't know if this is a good thing to avoid battery drain by other service on the phone, or if it is a bug that it has such high drain. So far it seems everyone is looking for work arounds to stop this service using battery.

Screenshot_2014-02-18-10-22-19.jpg

Screenshot_2014-02-18-10-23-01.jpg

Highlighted
ViS
Learner
Message 48 of 125
Message 48 of 125

Guys

Could you please attach bugreport from the phone where you see com.sonyericsson.android.wakeup ?

There are known issues about that, but few information to analize.

You'll need to

1. enable developer optins ( Settings/About Phone, press on "Build number" several times repeatedly)

2. In "Settings/Developer options" enable "USB debugging"

3. Install Android SDK and USB drivers, (http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html)

4. and get bugreport

#adb bugreport > bugreport.txt

BR

Valentin

Highlighted
Adept
Message 49 of 125
Message 49 of 125

There is a lot topics on this issue, so I'll post this here too.

As a matter a fact, this behavior is not normal.
I already did repair of my phone by PC Companion, but - nothing changed.

Then, I disabled and/or Forced stop of all apps which I don't need at the moment, just to test the phone.

Disabled / Forced stop apps are:
G+, Gmail, Walkman, FB, TW, DropBox, Chrome, Downloads, Drive, Email, Calendars, Exchange service, Google lyrics, Google search, Google play magazines, G-text-to-speach, Hangouts, Maps, MusicFX, News&Weather, Picasa, Socilife, Street View, TalkBack, Visualizer, Xperia's: AppShare, Calendar Sync, Frined's music, Music likes Social Engine photos (for FB, TW, etc.), Lounge), Google servies, and some com.sony and com.google services related to FB and TW...  

Then, in testing purposes, I fully charged the phone, disconnected from the charger and leave it over night in following state:

Turned off WiFi, BT, Mobile data and all above mentioned apps.

Network mode: LTE/WCDMA/GSM

Stamina mode: OFF

Result after 8h: 16% of battery drained (Android OS used 90% of power(?!))

Next night:

Network mode: WCDMA/GSM

Result after 8h: 16% of battery drained (Android OS used 90% of power(?!))

Next night:

Network mode: WCDMA/GSM

Stamina mode: ON

Result after 8h: 16% of battery drained (Android OS used 89% of power (?!))

Next night:

Network mode:GSM Only

Result after 8h: 3% of battery drained (Android OS used 6%)

Next night:

Network mode: GSM Only

Stamina mode: ON

Result after 8h: 2% of battery drained (Android OS used 5%)

So, since I'm an IT and M.A.D., I see that the problem here is obviously in Network Mode selection. It is OK that 3G and/or 4G drains more power, but it shouldn't be 2% per hour in "Deep sleep" or "Stand by" modes.

In order to confirm this to my self, I did some more tests during the day and when phone is in some light use as follows:

- Above mentioned apps are still disabled or stopped

- Network mode: GSM Only

- WiFi ON

- Mobile data OFF

- BT OFF

- Viber ON

- Stamina OFF

- Up to 30 mins. of conversation

- About 10 Viber messages

- About 10 SMS messages

- About 20 min. of surfing (Firefox)

Result after 8h: 11% of battery drained

Android OS: 11%

Next day: All the same except Network mode were changed to WCDMA/GSM.

Result after 8h: 30% of battery drained

Android OS: 62%

It is significant that in this case Mobile data were OFF, but only change were related to Network mode, but without using it for anything.

Next day: All the same as in previous case, but with WiFi OFF this time and Mobile data ON (3G)

Result after 8h: 31% of battery drained.

Android OS: 61%

So, this is definitely an issue with Android 4.3 (10.4.B.0.569).

I see that new upgrade is available (10.4.1.B.0.101), but I'm not sure is it fixing this issue...

My conlcusion after all these tests - simply switch Network mode to "GSM Only" and use the phone regularly. If necessary to use 3G or 4G connections because of speed, then switch network mode to WCDMA/GSM or LTE/WCDMA/GSM when needed, then get back to GSM Only to save power.

If 3G or 4G is not really needed, then 2G (GSM Only) can be a solution for the moment, untill Sony provide some real fix for this issue. It's a bit slower, but it works just fine for e.g. Viber, FB, etc.

For surfing turn on 3G/4G, finish what you have to finish, and that's it Slightly smiling Face

In my case, when use GSM Only mode (2G), battery lasts for almost 4 days with WiFi turned on for about 4 hours and Mobile data for about 5-6 hours daily.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 50 of 125
Message 50 of 125

Clear cache and restart no help.

Sony, pls disable fast dormancy